BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-10-2012, 04:13 AM   #67
Levi
Brigadier General
Czech_Republic
35

 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague


Posts: 3,386
iTrader: (0)

I guess we'll know at the 40th anniversary. As kueks said, it can be anything, and even when we look at the "sound pole" thread, half hear a V6 and half hear an I6. How is that possible? So nobody from outside knows anything about the M3. And now even SCOTT does not say anything at all, not even lies.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #68
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
1

 
kueks29's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anywhere


Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I guess we'll know at the 40th anniversary. As kueks said, it can be anything, and even when we look at the "sound pole" thread, half hear a V6 and half hear an I6. How is that possible? So nobody from outside knows anything about the M3. And now even SCOTT does not say anything at all, not even lies.
BMW has started about 6 years to introduce a completely new system for securing information. In the F10 it worked very well already, the F20, it was even better and better at the F30, it was more than good!

Only the M-GmbH is a whole lot less than the BMW AG and therefore it works to perfection here.
Up to a few people no one knows anything and therefore no information. Because that would follow immediately returned.

So we are left to wait just wait, wait ...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #69
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
67

 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany


Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBMW2 View Post
Not to name drop, or sound like a douche, but I'm pretty close friends with Matt Russell, head of M NA, and he tells me the car will be a hell of an evolution in the right direction. I trust him, I'll just say that. Matt's no bull-shitter when it comes to the M brand.
Can't think of a better guy to be friends with. Color me jealous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kueks29 View Post
I hope so too! Because I do not want to have tuned series engine in my M3! ... And it also speaks a lot for that!

Unfortunately, even some on the other hand ...
As I have repeatedly said, I would not bet a cent! Neither of I6, V6 still on!
If you ask five people on the subject, you get 10 different answers!

One half swears by the I6 and appeals to the tradition and considers it impossible to install anything other than an I6 ...
The other half swears that it's a V6 (Apollo concept) will be ...

As Scott said already so well:
Soon we will know more. Because it really seems to be that the F80 is entered into production in September. This could be built enough cars for a presentation to the beginning.
... and as soon as the M3 was entered into volume production, we will know what he has under the hood ...
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, but I highly doubt the F80 production starts in September. Like we said a couple of times, BMW is still seeing very high demand for the E92 and E93 M3 models so it makes no sense to kill their sales by introducing the successor early.


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #70
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
1

 
kueks29's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anywhere


Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

My dear south,
I repeat once, like a broken record ...

BMW will introduce the F80 in the spring of 2013 ... so for the March round.
In addition, the sales of the E92/93 are expected little nice! Look how many are currently operating around M3 in Munich! Most of them have been offered as a company car the higher floors at a special price because they would otherwise not reach the required quantities in 2011.

2012 ... and against all claims not a very successful year for the M3! Therefore, even replace the clear decision before the end of the M3 series E92/93 ....

You will remember my words
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #71
Levi
Brigadier General
Czech_Republic
35

 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague


Posts: 3,386
iTrader: (0)

The M3 E92/E93 could stop production earlier than the 3 Series E92/E93. But starting production of the M3 F80 in september 2012 when it goes on sale in june 2013 is a bit early unless it will come before. I can't think it will make its premiere in Paris 2013, so then it will have to be in Geneva 2013. BMW has also quite many new models coming, like the 1 Series GT, the 3 Series GT, the 3 Series Coupé and the X5 for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #72
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
31

 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE


Posts: 3,185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
The M3 E92/E93 could stop production earlier than the 3 Series E92/E93. But starting production of the M3 F80 in september 2012 when it goes on sale in june 2013 is a bit early unless it will come before. I can't think it will make its premiere in Paris 2013, so then it will have to be in Geneva 2013. BMW has also quite many new models coming, like the 1 Series GT, the 3 Series GT, the 3 Series Coupé and the X5 for now.
Geneva would be the logical place for a Premiere as Andy Priaulx drove out the M3 Concept Car @ Geneva 2007.
However do not rule out Shanghai next April as we already know that Shanghai 2011 was the roll out of the BMW M5 Concept Car on the back of a huge increase in M sales and brand awareness in China.

Both Beijing and Shanghai are now regarded as highly Significant in the autoshow calendar... Priority significant. Now the European manufacturers are releasing more product and Concepts in China. BMW and Mercedes-Benz are constructing stands that are around half the size of Sport stadiums for Beijing.
Nearly every European manufacturer at Beijing have a Premiere or new Concept to show.

That this year Beijing did not clash with NYIAS which Shanghai done last year.

China is also a huge market for M3's witness the Special Edition models past, present and future that also get their own individual marketing which helps them to sell every single allocation.
And there is the new M5 which is sold out its initial Chinese allocation and the M6 family will be presented in Beijing at the end of the month. Then you have the X5 and X6M Which still sell in high numbers.

Whether it is Geneva or Shanghai one thing is definite - The production M3 will Premiere at the IAA in 2013, with European sales commencing immediately after.
__________________
Electrified

Last edited by SCOTT26; 04-10-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #73
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
1

 
kueks29's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anywhere


Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

You can now discuss what you want.

My lease runs until the end of February 2013! I've asked several people the M-GmbH is a definite opinion as to whether I could go directly to the F80 again or my need to renew!
Definitive answer was from several points of the M-GmbH:
"If you take around 4-6 weeks, it would just get there!"
For me this means in plain text: Sometime in April 2013, the first vehicle delivered to customers.

Furthermore, I was already signaled that customers will be invited in November, turning the car ever had a couple of rounds.
Likewise, I was also signaled that I order the 18.11. should be kept free for a short trip to sunny climes ...

Also I was told by several places of the M-GmbH named as the September start date for production. With the simple background:
You have several hundred cars and finished as an M3 expensive to manufacture than an F30, probably only every 22nd be produced car an M3. Although one more 30th of each Car speaks.
They should then be sufficient to produce vehicles "early 2013" to him officially in the spring at the same time introducing the world.
In addition, the vehicles overseas for 8-10 weeks in the container still go on trips ...

Sorry, but for me all the statements in this regard seem more than logical and realistic. So I'm still assuming that April 2013, the F80 is delivered to customers.

Edit: Just with my customers phoned consultant here in the M-base:
His simple message: "on order as of January 2013, the first vehicles to be delivered in early summer, then ..."
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #74
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
10

 
Drives: BMW M135i MT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Belgium


Posts: 1,071
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kueks29 View Post
"on order as of January 2013, the first vehicles to be delivered in early summer, then ..."
Oh boy, that's too early. I will not have saved enough $$$ by that time.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #75
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
137

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,781
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kueks29 View Post
For me this means in plain text: Sometime in April 2013, the first vehicle delivered to customers.
Dream on my friend. Dream on.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #76
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
137

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,781
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
BMW has also quite many new models coming, like the 1 Series GT, the 3 Series GT, the 3 Series Coupé and the X5 for now.
Don't forget the 2 Series as well Levi. We will see something in 2013, even if just a concept.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #77
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
1

 
kueks29's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anywhere


Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Dream on my friend. Dream on.
We'll see
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #78
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
137

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,781
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kueks29 View Post
We'll see
The V6 M3 comes in April. The I6 version isn't until September.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #79
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
1

 
kueks29's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anywhere


Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The V6 M3 comes in April. The I6 version isn't until September.
You have your sources, I have my sources.
Let's wait it easy
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #80
Levi
Brigadier General
Czech_Republic
35

 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague


Posts: 3,386
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Don't forget the 2 Series as well Levi. We will see something in 2013, even if just a concept.
Oh, yes I can't wait for that little pocket rocket, especially the M2, but it will come after the 4 Series Coupé.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #81
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
5

 
Uli_HH's Avatar
 
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hamburg Germany


Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

I'm just have very bad feelings / fears regarding the F80 M3 sedan.

First Auto Bild wrote in its issue of last week a short article about the upcoming M based on the F30, in which it was just talked about an car based on the 4 coupe, coming End of 2013 and named M3 or M4 ... and now tomorrow brings the Autozeitung bringsan article about the M3 successor and then only is the speech about the Coupe and that it will come the end of 2013.

And there's always mentioned here by Scott26 and others of the end of 2013 (IAA 2013) as a premiere date for the new M3/M4 , I wonder, where there is still room for the F80 M3 sedan, which indeed originally was to appear well before the coupe.

I'm getting worried that with the M3 sedan BMW once again succumbed to the temptation might be to tilt an already finished developed vehicle from the program and to disappear into their secret garage.

For me the state of moving M3 F80 prototypes clearly demonstrates that this vehicle is 100% ready for production .. and could be presented at the end of 2012 if there is any will to do so.

Is there any possibility that the car(s) that we see in all recent SpyPics and Vid woulldn´t make it to the market and BMW/the M-GmbH only brings an M3/M4 in 4er Coupe form.

I hope not !!!

Greets Uli_HH
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #82
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
67

 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany


Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
Is there any possibility that the car(s) that we see in all recent SpyPics and Vid woulldn´t make it to the market and BMW/the M-GmbH only brings an M3/M4 in 4er Coupe form.
No worries, the F80 M3 Sedan is approved for production. It might be the only M3 BMW offers for the F3x generation so no way BMW is dropping it.


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #83
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
137

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,781
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
First Auto Bild wrote in its issue of last week a short article about the upcoming M based on the F30, in which it was just talked about an car based on the 4 coupe, coming End of 2013 and named M3 or M4 ...
But as we already know, Uli, this cannot possibly be correct. Any M product based on the "4" coupe will not be shown next year since the 4 couple itself will not come until mid next year. So Auto Bild is just mixed up, as are a lot of others, probably due mainly to the confusion with the new naming (which is still unconfirmed itself). From the best of our knowledge thus far based on the rumors in the collective community, it will be like this:

F30 3 series sedan: early 2012
F80 M3 sedan, based on F30: late 2013
F32 4 series coupe: mid 2013
F82 M4 coupe, based on F32: late 2014

These dates are all very rough as some are probably best reflective of on-sale dates and some are intro dates. But you get the idea.

Quote:
and now tomorrow brings the Autozeitung bringsan article about the M3 successor and then only is the speech about the Coupe and that it will come the end of 2013.
More confusion. The real place to get your information in Bimmerpost. Just ignore the press since anyone who is not absolutely BMW focused/obsessed is bound to get the information all wrong. They just don't take the time to get into the level of detail necessary to paint the right picture because they don't spend hours a day on genuine BMW forums like this one.

Quote:
And there's always mentioned here by Scott26 and others of the end of 2013 (IAA 2013) as a premiere date for the new M3/M4
SCOTT was talking about the M3 sedan with his Frankfurt comment.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #84
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
17

 
mapezzul's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria


Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
I'm just have very bad feelings / fears regarding the F80 M3 sedan.

First Auto Bild wrote in its issue of last week a short article about the upcoming M based on the F30, in which it was just talked about an car based on the 4 coupe, coming End of 2013 and named M3 or M4 ... and now tomorrow brings the Autozeitung bringsan article about the M3 successor and then only is the speech about the Coupe and that it will come the end of 2013.

And there's always mentioned here by Scott26 and others of the end of 2013 (IAA 2013) as a premiere date for the new M3/M4 , I wonder, where there is still room for the F80 M3 sedan, which indeed originally was to appear well before the coupe.

I'm getting worried that with the M3 sedan BMW once again succumbed to the temptation might be to tilt an already finished developed vehicle from the program and to disappear into their secret garage.

For me the state of moving M3 F80 prototypes clearly demonstrates that this vehicle is 100% ready for production .. and could be presented at the end of 2012 if there is any will to do so.

Is there any possibility that the car(s) that we see in all recent SpyPics and Vid woulldn´t make it to the market and BMW/the M-GmbH only brings an M3/M4 in 4er Coupe form.

I hope not !!!

Greets Uli_HH
It is coming. Look at the launch pattern for the 5/6 with the M treatment . Why wouldn't the same thing hold true...


I think a lot of people are interpreting things and making rumors about nothing. Everything I have heard has this on track as planned with a slightly longer hold pattern for concept premiere but nothing more. The E92 is selling very well and there are still projects around that car that will continue....
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #85
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
67

 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany


Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
But as we already know, Uli, this cannot possibly be correct. Any M product based on the "4" coupe will not be shown next year since the 4 couple itself will not come until mid next year. So Auto Bild is just mixed up, as are a lot of others, probably due mainly to the confusion with the new naming (which is still unconfirmed itself). From the best of our knowledge thus far based on the rumors in the collective community, it will be like this:

F30 3 series sedan: early 2012
F80 M3 sedan, based on F30: late 2013
F32 4 series coupe: mid 2013
F82 M4 coupe, based on F32: late 2014

These dates are all very rough as some are probably best reflective of on-sale dates and some are intro dates. But you get the idea.
To my knowledge, this is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
More confusion. The real place to get your information in Bimmerpost. Just ignore the press since anyone who is not absolutely BMW focused/obsessed is bound to get the information all wrong. They just don't take the time to get into the level of detail necessary to paint the right picture because they don't spend hours a day on genuine BMW forums like this one.
Couldn't agree more again. You accept Paypal? j/k


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #86
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
137

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,781
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
To my knowledge, this is spot on.


Couldn't agree more again. You accept Paypal? j/k


Best regards,
south
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #87
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
31

 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE


Posts: 3,185
iTrader: (0)

Interesting errors in the AutoZeitung render where they dont seem to distinguish M from M-Sport which escapes me for some reason.

The InsideLine render (of the aerodynamics packet only) is more accurate.

A new AutoBild Render is coming soon.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Electrified
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #88
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
23

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Whether it is Geneva or Shanghai one thing is definite - The production M3 will Premiere at the IAA in 2013, with European sales commencing immediately after.
Will the 2013 IAA be in September 2013?

Okay, so european sales starting in fall of 2013, with US sales starting in the spring of 2014 sounds like what we've heard so far...
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST