BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #67
aajami
Brigadier General
 
aajami's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

Posts: 3,999
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kueks29 View Post
If you can believe the testimony of the photographer of this photo ...



...then comes one pipe rather from the top down the middle between the engine block and firewall and then bends away to the rear ...
No LSD, no solid bushings, and no (visible) liberal use of aluminum everywhere.

I doubt that's the F80.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
aajami is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #68
Levi
Brigadier General
 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany

Posts: 3,167
iTrader: (0)

Every day there are more and more possiblilties, what in fact is not possible because the M3 is coming close to FEP, so what is hidden under the hood of the M3 should be known. I just say somebody (BMW M) is yet trying to hide the truth. BMW is so big, it is not as easy as for Ferrari to keep a secret. So the only way is to "confirme" and "deny" everything, mixing more and more together, to make us mad and believe in nothing.

But I tell you, the M3 has a 6 cylinder engine.
Levi is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #69
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,416
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
rumor has it that a we "might" see a V6 on the new M3. hmmm.
any thoughts?
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #70
Prissy
Brigadier General
 
Prissy's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: nyc

Posts: 3,692
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I disagree.

I believe that BMW is going for further separation between the bread-and-butter M sedan and coupe this time around. I would expect the F80 front end to share DNA with the F30 while the F82 will borrow its front end styling from the F82.

Furthermore, I fully expect the F30 and F32 to look at least as different as the E90 and E92 do, and possibly significantly moreso. Coupling that with what I say above, I think we can expect the same to hold for the F80 vs. F82.
I doubt bmw will make 4 different fronts for the 3er (sedan, coupe, gt). The new M3 front looks more aggressive than the sedan, The reason why I believe the coupe will carry the M3 aggressive front is because it already happened for the E90/92 generation.
Prissy is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #71
mapezzul
Special Agent
 
mapezzul's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
I doubt bmw will make 4 different fronts for the 3er (sedan, coupe, gt). The new M3 front looks more aggressive than the sedan, The reason why I believe the coupe will carry the M3 aggressive front is because it already happened for the E90/92 generation.
There will be a significant difference between the coupe and sedan. The Ms will have their own M inspired design language. The character of the coupe and sedan will be very different moving forward. The E9X generation was meant as a transition from one in the same to two distinct models. Do the 5/6 share the same front or the M5/M6? No. The 3 and 4 will follow that path.
mapezzul is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #72
mapezzul
Special Agent
 
mapezzul's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
rumor has it that a we "might" see a V6 on the new M3. hmmm.
any thoughts?
Pick one of the 800 other threads discussing that.
mapezzul is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #73
SCOTT26
Colonel
 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

Posts: 2,987
iTrader: (0)

Yes, my friends have taken to asking the same question over beers!
__________________
XS
SCOTT26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #74
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,416
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
Pick one of the 800 other threads discussing that.
i think this is a confirmation.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #75
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,562
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
I doubt bmw will make 4 different fronts for the 3er (sedan, coupe, gt).
First, if rumors hold, then only two of those will be called 3 series. Secondly, the current 3 coupe already has a different front from the 3 coupe today. And finally, the 3 GT is no less likely to get its own look than the 5 GT.

Quote:
The new M3 front looks more aggressive than the sedan
Well of course. Just like the M5 compared to the 5. Did you also believe the M5 mules wore an M6 front end?

Quote:
The reason why I believe the coupe will carry the M3 aggressive front is because it already happened for the E90/92 generation.
There is a reason the M3 sedan is coming a year earlier than it ever has before. Hint: it's its own model now with its own identity. It no longer shares a development cycle with the M3 (M4) coupe.
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - FOR SALE - Engine failure at 95k miles.
Best offer takes it: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post16279561
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #76
antzcrashing
... can I get a 1M
 
antzcrashing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami FL

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes, my friends have taken to asking the same question over beers!
It must be fun to sit back, knowing the answers the world wants, quietly amused by those who are 'correct' and those who are 'dead wrong' - especially over Good German Beer
__________________
antzcrashing is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #77
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes, my friends have taken to asking the same question over beers!
Good answer Scott ... Prost ... Zum Wohl

my bets are on a Inline6 with some nice turbos ... I think that will be the way producing slightly over 450 PS ... can't wait to see it.
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #78
kwsw
Major
 
kwsw's Avatar
 
Drives: In the slow lane
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ / SWFL

Posts: 1,351
iTrader: (4)

I'm excited to see it with out the camo looks good so far
kwsw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #79
kueks29
Private First Class
 
kueks29's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anywhere

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
It must be fun to sit back, knowing the answers the world wants, quietly amused by those who are 'correct' and those who are 'dead wrong' - especially over Good German Beer
Yes, I can confirm this! It is really funny ...
kueks29 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013 bmw m3, 2013 bmw m4, 2013 m3, 2013 m4, 2014 bmw m3, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 renders, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f80 m3 video, bmw f80 video, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m3 forum, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw spy, bmw spy photo, bmw spy photos, bmw spy pic, bmw spy pics, bmw spy video, bmw spy videos, bmw spyshot, bmw spyshots, f30 m3 renders, f80, f80 forum, f80 forums, f80 m3, f80 m3 forums, f80 m3 render, f80 m3 renders

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST