BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
dkuznetsov92
Private
dkuznetsov92's Avatar
25
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Question about jb4 and downpipe fix...

Will plugging stage one be enough for the downpipe fix? I was trying to search the answer, but I came up with nothing..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
JTO24's Avatar
United_States
981
Rep
3,518
Posts

Drives: 2015 TZB F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (7)

No, you'll need a full jb4 or bms can flap module. There's also the macht schnell can flap module or akrapovic delete-r as alternatives.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
1760
Rep
31,479
Posts


Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N54tuning.com

iTrader: (89)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkuznetsov92 View Post
Will plugging stage one be enough for the downpipe fix? I was trying to search the answer, but I came up with nothing..
No stage1 has no CAN system access so it can't suppress the light. You need the JB4 for that or the CANFlap Module working with the stage1.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
335iFFM
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 335i Performance
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
No stage1 has no CAN system access so it can't suppress the light. You need the JB4 for that or the CANFlap Module working with the stage1.

Mike
Mike.
I think he refers to Stage 1 of the JB4 Setup. One is able to choose between 3 Stages while each Stage requires more cables to be connected.

So.. Is a Stg1 JB4 Connection sufficient?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #5
Reid
Lieutenant
Reid's Avatar
143
Rep
523
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: May 2008
Location: HI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM View Post
Mike.
I think he refers to Stage 1 of the JB4 Setup. One is able to choose between 3 Stages while each Stage requires more cables to be connected.

So.. Is a Stg1 JB4 Connection sufficient?
Connecting the CAN wires is necessary to suppress the CEL from catless downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #6
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
1760
Rep
31,479
Posts


Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N54tuning.com

iTrader: (89)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM View Post
Mike.
I think he refers to Stage 1 of the JB4 Setup. One is able to choose between 3 Stages while each Stage requires more cables to be connected.

So.. Is a Stg1 JB4 Connection sufficient?
No if hooked in as Stage1 it is not. If you connect stage2+ but run stage1 mapping (map1) then yes.

At the end of the day on a JB4 system the CAN wires need to be connected in order to have CEL suppression ability.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #7
335iFFM
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 335i Performance
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
No if hooked in as Stage1 it is not. If you connect stage2+ but run stage1 mapping (map1) then yes.

At the end of the day on a JB4 system the CAN wires need to be connected in order to have CEL suppression ability.

Mike
Hi Mike.
Thank you for the clarification. Why would one just connect Stg1 Wires and not Stg2 or Stg3?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #8
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
1760
Rep
31,479
Posts


Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N54tuning.com

iTrader: (89)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM View Post
Hi Mike.
Thank you for the clarification. Why would one just connect Stg1 Wires and not Stg2 or Stg3?
One reason is if you want to run just map1 you could connect stage1 and then when you do more mods or decide you want more power you connect stage2+. Most who get the JB4 connect stage2+ right away.

Mike
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.




f80post
f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST