E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > next columbus meet?

View Poll Results: when should our next meet be
july 14/15 0 0%
july 21/22 0 0%
july 28/29 0 0%
aug 4/5 11 100.00%
aug 11/12 0 0%
aug 18/19 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

07-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

next columbus meet?

e90 guys, planning to do another meet around mid july to mid august. also please provide suggestions for time, location & things to do
i put them as either saturdays or sundays coz i'm flexible. just put your preferred days in this thread after you voted
i voted for aug 4/5 coz my car is going into the body shop soon so that should be enough time
      07-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

August wouldn't be a bad month, I chose the first weekend because you said it would be best for you. But any weekend in august should be fine with me.

Its also pre-football season and school so my weekends should be free. Now that I think about it August is about my least favorite month of the year. one 90+ degree day with 90%+ humidity lined up one after the other, there's no football, just "almost" football... It's hot, it's sticky, it's just blah.

this would give me something to look forward too 8)

My 335i has been delayed to epic levels, if it were made today I don't think i'd see it till september, which I don't really mind I guess, Better keep the customers happy which means they get priority on production of new vehicles. I can't say I'm not disappointed though as I thought I'd be rocking in the coupe this summer.

Anyways I hope it comes together and we can have another good turnout. This time I'll make it a point not to bring a SG or black 3 series to the event 8)

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
4/5 should be fine by the looks of the calander. G/f has her cousins wedding shower so I'm clear for the day. I also have to throw this out there but is there something wrong with Saturday 4/4?? I don't have a problem with 4/5 just thought I'd ask.

BMW2006, I've actually been wanting to ask you a couple BMWFS questions, so when I corner you, please be prepared haha. And what are you talking about no football??? I've got Browns preseason games on the 11th and 14th where I get to see the new addition. The team that MAY actually win games haha.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
4/5 should be fine by the looks of the calander. G/f has her cousins wedding shower so I'm clear for the day. I also have to throw this out there but is there something wrong with Saturday 4/4?? I don't have a problem with 4/5 just thought I'd ask.

BMW2006, I've actually been wanting to ask you a couple BMWFS questions, so when I corner you, please be prepared haha. And what are you talking about no football??? I've got Browns preseason games on the 11th and 14th where I get to see the new addition. The team that MAY actually win games haha.
no actually there's nothing wrong with saturday 4/4, i just wanna give you guys more options. i'm pretty sure we all can meet on a saturday, right?
      07-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I was just saying more for the ease of coming. My gf has been dying to go to Easton, well so have I haha. I never would of thought I'd say I actually miss Columbus. Let's see how flexible everyone is. If they can only make the 5th I'll still be there, but if we can slide it to the 4th then great too.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

sorry guys i just got back from the body shop, they can only start work on my car on july 23rd
it might take 2 weeks or so but i'm just afraid i might not be able to make it on the 4th..i'll let you guys know, even if i dont have my car yet, i'll just come in the rental car

Last edited by aapriadi; 07-07-2007 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #7
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

where is the location?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
where is the location?
same location as before
when i had a meet with the e46 guys, we went to easton and took a pic at the very top of the parking lot. i thought we can go to polaris or somewhere with a huge parking lot this time around
any suggestions guys?
      07-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #9
Stronie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80M3 Comp. 6MT

I'm All for it I need to check my calender as well.

Adrianus president of E90 Post Columbus.

I look forward to seeing all you guys again, I think sat. would be best.

I'll check back tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #10
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

I have a lot going on so I will try to work around you guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
derek0480
DROPPIN' LOADS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
I'd like to come up for it. 4/4 or 4/5 works for me. I could drop the wife off @ Easton and she can blow my hard earned $$$ while I hang out and get new ideas for mods.

PROcede gets installed tomorrow after work...will be ready in time for the meet.

I will probably need directions to wherever you end up chosing. Just let me know.

I'm in.
      07-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #12
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Heh sure, just don't ask me if you have a good deal or not. I get that one alot and really I'm the wrong person to ask. Plus it's too subjective and would be unprofessional for me to comment anyways.

This year for the first time in my 30 years the Browns have picked who I wanted for the first pick, although I probably didn't really have an understanding of the draft till at least 6 years old, which means the Browns have picked the wrong first round draft choice imo, for 24 consecutive years (wait they were gone for 3 years right?). I am excited for this year though, Wimbley was a solid pick last year, and Joe Thomas is another step to show us they are serious about building a winning team there.

I'm not that crazy about Brady Quinn, Because you could see him lose composure when he was pressured, and when you play in Cleveland, you're going to eat dirt... alot. As much as I like to pick on Notre Dame, and especially thier fans, I do recognize you don't get to be starting QB there just because you want to, you need drive , a work ethic and you had to beat out countless others for the position. Plus he wants to play for Cleveland, which counts for something.

All the coaching staff needs to do to secure thier jobs for the next decade is build a half decent O-line there. You can play under .500 ball with a decent Offensive line , and Cleveland fans will love you for it. I don't know why none of the previous merry go round coaches couldn't or wouldn't do that.

-BMW2006

Last edited by BMW2006; 07-10-2007 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: should have spell checked first 8)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
Heh sure, just don't ask me if you have a good deal or not. I get that one alot and really I'm the wrong person to ask. Plus it's too subjective and would be unprofessional for me to comment anyways.
Nah nothing like that. More questions about rates, how ED works in terms of BMWFS, and tips about early turn in. Mostly stuff like that. I want to be well versed when I decide to take my merry ass into the dealer and try to rail them on a ED 335i Unfortunately we don't have it as easy as you not having to deal with the stealerships. I don't think there is anything wrong with some friendly info, no different then any of the other stuff flying around on this site.

Quote:
This year for the first time in my 30 years the Browns have picked who I wanted for the first pick, although I probably didn't really have an understanding of the draft till at least 6 years old, which means the Browns have picked the wrong first round draft choice imo, for 24 consecutive years (wait they were gone for 3 years right?). I am excited for this year though, Wimbley was a solid pick last year, and Joe Thomas is another step to show us they are serious about building a winning team there.

I'm not that crazy about Brady Quinn, Because you could see him lose composure when he was pressured, and when you play in Cleveland, you're going to eat dirt... alot. As much as I like to pick on Notre Dame, and especially thier fans, I do recognize you don't get to be starting QB there just because you want to, you need drive , a work ethic and you had to beat out countless others for the position. Plus he wants to play for Cleveland, which counts for something.

All the coaching staff needs to do to secure thier jobs for the next decade is build a half decent O-line there. You can play under .500 ball with a decent Offensive line , and Cleveland fans will love you for it. I don't know why none of the previous merry go round coaches couldn't or wouldn't do that.

-BMW2006
Tell me about it. It's the worst going to the games and just watching them get their faces kicked in. I was extremely happy with the picks this year. As for Quinn who knows, but I do know that Charlie more then likely won't ever be a franchise QB and at least Quinn has the makings to maybe be one. I am for once excited for this season. We got our tickets yesterday and it confirmed that the home opener against the Steelers is just around the corner, SOOO PUMPED!

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #14
derek0480
DROPPIN' LOADS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Can't do 4/4...have a golf outing.

So if my vote counts...4/5 would be better.
      07-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #15
phantom330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Quote:

-BMW2006
Another FS person here, I wasn't sure there were actually many "enthusiasts" that worked here. I have been signed up for a long time and don't really post much, but I would love to see some of the cars you guys are sporting and the mods!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #16
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nah nothing like that. More questions about rates, how ED works in terms of BMWFS, and tips about early turn in. Mostly stuff like that. I want to be well versed when I decide to take my merry ass into the dealer and try to rail them on a ED 335i Unfortunately we don't have it as easy as you not having to deal with the stealerships. I don't think there is anything wrong with some friendly info, no different then any of the other stuff flying around on this site.

The rates I won't touch with a 10 foot pole, but those are availiable already to those who seek them as you had mentioned. I can sure help you out with the rest of the stuff though. I haven't heard one single complaint about ED ... EVER, well other than people awaiting thier delivery, but that's understandable.

I might be going to that Browns game on the 11th, can you believe i've NEVER been in the new stadium! I moved to Columbus right when they came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom330 View Post
Another FS person here, I wasn't sure there were actually many "enthusiasts" that worked here. I have been signed up for a long time and don't really post much, but I would love to see some of the cars you guys are sporting and the mods!
Cool, We probably know each other, I may even work for you 8). I'm the guy that wanders around the parking lot at lunch taking pictures of OTHER peoples deliveries.

That sparkling graphite 335i convertible (saddle interior) they put in the lobby is , just seeing that on the way in makes me proud to work there 8).

If you come to the meet be carefull though, those mods make you so incredibly jealous 8) I'm half tempted to put in blacklines and hope noone notices, then de-badge, and just say the numbers "fell off" when I hit a bump if they ask. Don't think it would work too well though.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #17
phantom330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Quote:
The rates I won't touch with a 10 foot pole, but those are availiable already to those who seek them as you had mentioned. I can sure help you out with the rest of the stuff though. I haven't heard one single complaint about ED ... EVER, well other than people awaiting thier delivery, but that's understandable.

I might be going to that Browns game on the 11th, can you believe i've NEVER been in the new stadium! I moved to Columbus right when they came back.

Cool, We probably know each other, I may even work for you 8). I'm the guy that wanders around the parking lot at lunch taking pictures of OTHER peoples deliveries.

That sparkling graphite 335i convertible (saddle interior) they put in the lobby is , just seeing that on the way in makes me proud to work there 8).

If you come to the meet be carefull though, those mods make you so incredibly jealous 8) I'm half tempted to put in blacklines and hope noone notices, then de-badge, and just say the numbers "fell off" when I hit a bump if they ask. Don't think it would work too well though.

-BMW2006
The new vert is beautiful for sure, only thing I'm not liking about it is the slushbox tranny! Beautiful car though. I just took delivery of the 328 coupe that was down there before until my 335 comes in, appears we have the same color combo on order
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #18
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
I can't guarantee my attendance, but I'd like to try to make one of these things. I guess the 5th is as good a day as any for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #19
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Aug 4th or 5th works for me. Either day is fine.

Darkcloud: I did ED with my car and saved a ton. I'd have had to get the 328 if I didn't do ED. And the whole experience is amazing, especially with the Welt opening! I'll try and throw in anything I can to help and remember.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #20
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Aug 4th or 5th works for me. Either day is fine.

Darkcloud: I did ED with my car and saved a ton. I'd have had to get the 328 if I didn't do ED. And the whole experience is amazing, especially with the Welt opening! I'll try and throw in anything I can to help and remember.
Yeah, we talked about it a bit while eating at the last meet but I didn't really want to dig into the details of the purchase side of things. I also figure this will be our last meet till next spring so I want to get as much info compiled so that if I go in before then, which I may, I'll be prepared to stick it to my dealer and have them begging for

Also has anyone ever switched CA's at their dealers? Not like your old CA left and you had to get a new one. I'm saying my current CA will be sitting on the same floor and I'll use someone else.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #21
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Yeah, we talked about it a bit while eating at the last meet but I didn't really want to dig into the details of the purchase side of things.
I don't mind giving you whatever details I can remember about the whole transaction and process. When are you thinking of doing your ED?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #22
technik111
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 328i - Delivered 7/24

How many members are there in the Columbus area?
Appreciate 0