BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Cozy
Major
 
Cozy's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 1,489
iTrader: (0)

1M vs F80 M3 chase video

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
The F30 M3 was out for testing and a tuned 1M owner found it

I'm really interested to know if the F30 gets a maxed out N54 setup or larger turbo's that could lend themselves to some incredible tuned numbers. F30 M3 est. 450bhp stock.

See the end of both videos for some close-up footage of the F30.



Cozy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #2
Ezio
Colonel
 
Ezio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

Posts: 2,416
iTrader: (0)

swag
__________________
Ezio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
 
turbolag's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .

Posts: 1,121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
swag
#yolo
turbolag is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
TTG
...
 
TTG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 2,829
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Very nice and this video reminds of how much I hate driving on American roads.....

Most of the idiots in the state that I live in would be chilling at 40MPH on the left lane and if you flash them the automatic reaction would be to slam on the brakes.
__________________
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 AW w/ Silver Novillo ZCP, ZTP, ZPP, 494, 6FL, 507, 302 & 415.....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray, Black Leatherette + Alum, Nav, ZCW, ZSP, PDC, CA & Sunshade.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
TTG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
 
Scrippy's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA,Ca

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Don't cha hate vigilantes?
Scrippy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Needsdecaf
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
 
Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

Posts: 1,694
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
The F30 M3 was out for testing and a tuned 1M owner found it

I'm really interested to know if the F30 gets a maxed out N54 setup or larger turbo's that could lend themselves to some incredible tuned numbers. F30 M3 est. 450bhp stock.

See the end of both videos for some close-up footage of the F30.



FYI, the designation of the new M3 is the F80. No idea why...

Also, there is no way the engine would be based on the N54. There was more to the change from N54 to N55 than simply the turbo setup.
Needsdecaf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,021
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
The F30 M3 was out for testing and a tuned 1M owner found it
Wow, amazing, hmmm wait....






























__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray on Fox Red | M-DCT | CF Roof | RAC RG63 Wheels | Brembo 380mm BBK |
| Vorsteiner Ti Exhaust | Matte Black Grilles/Side Gills/Rear Emblem/Mirrors |
| Alekshop Back up Camera | GP Thunders | BMW Aluminum Pedals | Elite Angels |
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #8
Cozy
Major
 
Cozy's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 1,489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Wow, amazing, hmmm wait....

Cool story, bro.

More or less "ok, I didn't know that, obviously so why do you feel the need to post up a belittling comment?"

Anyway, no matter. I had not seen it before and it seems others haven't so please take the post as intended which is nothing more than light BMW entertainment. If you have seen it, switch over much like you do when Friends or Scrubs is repeated on TV for the millionth time .
Cozy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,021
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
Not quite as harsh as that . More or less "ok, I didn't know that, obviously so why do you feel the need to post up a belittling comment?"

Anyway, no matter. I had not seen it before and it seems others haven't so please take the post as intended which is nothing more than light BMW entertainment. If you have seen it, switch over much like you do when Friends or Scrubs is repeated on TV for the millionth time .
Belittling might be a bit of an over reach on my post. However, also glad you didn't mean something as rude as the fellow above.

On to my editorial.... There is a real reason that forums have repost icons or why people actually make posts that train together to spell out repost. I don't generally make a huge deal out of it, but IMHO pointing it out is a legitimate criticism typically made by a real regular, often to a newer/low post count member. The value of a forum declines if there is too much reposting.

Cheers.
__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray on Fox Red | M-DCT | CF Roof | RAC RG63 Wheels | Brembo 380mm BBK |
| Vorsteiner Ti Exhaust | Matte Black Grilles/Side Gills/Rear Emblem/Mirrors |
| Alekshop Back up Camera | GP Thunders | BMW Aluminum Pedals | Elite Angels |
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
vase330
Colonel
 
vase330's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i ; 14 RangeRover SSC
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington, Va

Posts: 2,676
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Very nice and this video reminds of how much I hate driving on American roads.....

Most of the idiots in the state that I live in would be chilling at 40MPH on the left lane and if you flash them the automatic reaction would be to slam on the brakes.

I know I loved it up there in the great North West, but your drivers drove me nuts. I moved there 1999-2001. Got nailed by cops so many times for speeding. It didn't help I had NJ plates and they saw me assumed I'd be speeding soon even if I wasn't at the time and would tail my ass and you know sadly they were right soon or later they get me bad. Got busted at around 100 -110mph by same freaking cop on three different occasions. He let me off first two times and third time I had to pleaded guilty. Thank God they only transfer 2points for out-of-state violations. I had to do stupid driver ed and pay hefty fines.

On a different occasion I was blocked by some chick going 55mph in 65mph section of I-5. I rode her ass so close she freaking called 911, and next thing you know I am getting pulled over for aggressive driving. Really!! I told office I was barely doing 55 in a 65 and idiot was blocking me I flashed my lights and honked for her to GTFO of fast lane instead she felt "threatened" and dialled 911 gave them discription, plates everying. I get around fife see like 5 cruisers with flashing lights weaving traffic din't know they were looking for me. I came up to them as they weren't going fast, and then they all line up behind me and am like WTF?? So I pulled over. 3 of them parked behind me and two infront and then one of the approached asked me to step out of the car. I go what did I do? He step out we will tell you. Argh. Then I hear you were aggressively threatening other drivers!

Well for my current E92 I did ED just to drive like an F1 driver legally and not get hauled to the slammer. Wish we had these over here.
__________________
E92 335 | Space Gray | Saddle Brown Dakota | Dark Burl Trim | ZPP | ZSP | AT | Idrive | 6FL | FBO | Dinan CAI | Quaife LSD | STG3 PROCede.
vase330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
jayb289
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: horse and carriage
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: london

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

1m holding its own
jayb289 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
KEI7
First Lieutenant
 
KEI7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
I know I loved it up there in the great North West, but your drivers drove me nuts. I moved there 1999-2001. Got nailed by cops so many times for speeding. It didn't help I had NJ plates and they saw me assumed I'd be speeding soon even if I wasn't at the time and would tail my ass and you know sadly they were right soon or later they get me bad. Got busted at around 100 -110mph by same freaking cop on three different occasions. He let me off first two times and third time I had to pleaded guilty. Thank God they only transfer 2points for out-of-state violations. I had to do stupid driver ed and pay hefty fines.

On a different occasion I was blocked by some chick going 55mph in 65mph section of I-5. I rode her ass so close she freaking called 911, and next thing you know I am getting pulled over for aggressive driving. Really!! I told office I was barely doing 55 in a 65 and idiot was blocking me I flashed my lights and honked for her to GTFO of fast lane instead she felt "threatened" and dialled 911 gave them discription, plates everying. I get around fife see like 5 cruisers with flashing lights weaving traffic din't know they were looking for me. I came up to them as they weren't going fast, and then they all line up behind me and am like WTF?? So I pulled over. 3 of them parked behind me and two infront and then one of the approached asked me to step out of the car. I go what did I do? He step out we will tell you. Argh. Then I hear you were aggressively threatening other drivers!

Well for my current E92 I did ED just to drive like an F1 driver legally and not get hauled to the slammer. Wish we had these over here.

+1. Autobahn was AWESOME.

Some American drivers just don't get it....
__________________
KEI7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #13
Tacoma
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW's for 20 years
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

This video was first posted and discussed last year. Link here:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=662169
Tacoma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST