BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #67
hudamang
Enlisted Member
 
hudamang's Avatar
 
Drives: Hopefully M4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Diego

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

New to the board! I'm debating between the new M3 or the new M4 so I'll wait and see what the differences will be. I love reading the ED posts so when I get it, I will definitely be doing ED and hope to make a post of my own in a couple of years.

M3 sedan, M4 coupe, or M4 vert? Which one???? And Alpine White or Santorini Blue or perhaps a new color? So many choices!
__________________
To M3 or M4...that is the question.
hudamang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #68
BRAISKI
Colonel
 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

Posts: 2,377
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
I'm leaning towards it, I didn't the current M3 since its a V8 and not good for a DD for me. But if I do get the M4 then it can be my DD and I might keep my e92 335xi as a winter car or sell the 335xi and get an Audi A3 Quatro for winter

But I will not get the first year for sure as history shows cars or electronics will always have some unforeseeable "issues". I am in no rush, but for sure I will do ED again!
BRAISKI is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #69
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (7)

On the list..

Finally an m4 which can be made really fast with a tune, down pipes and exhaust. I think this new car will be a big time winner.
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #70
visualguy
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: S5/M5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 271
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
But I will not get the first year for sure as history shows cars or electronics will always have some unforeseeable "issues".
Same here - not even thinking about getting the first-year model. Unfortunately, even second-year isn't great typically. Many of the problems tend to get identified and sorted out only by the 3rd or 4th year of production.
visualguy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #71
BRAISKI
Colonel
 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

Posts: 2,377
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Same here - not even thinking about getting the first-year model. Unfortunately, even second-year isn't great typically. Many of the problems tend to get identified and sorted out only by the 3rd or 4th year of production.
As much as I would like to be one of the "first" people having the car but its just not worth it. Also usually as the years go by they tend to have better packages.

One example for me is that I have the e92 N55 and very happy with it. One of my friends got the e92 N54 second year I think. Navigation GUI was terrible and some options were not as good.
BRAISKI is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #72
GOLFFRR
 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,956
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
On the list..

Finally an m4 which can be made really fast with a tune, down pipes and exhaust. I think this new car will be a big time winner.


car is going to be awesome!

Lets hope BMW doesn't limit the allocations for dealers like they did when the M5 first came out. If that happens dealers are going to be charging a premium for them
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #73
RMB
Lieutenant
 
RMB's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Cayenne S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

Posts: 568
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Premium, is a BS idea for any BMW product! This is not a Ferrari or Lambo! This is a BMW which IS mass produced! IF any dealer charges a premium, then they can sit on it for 6 or 12 months. For those of us who can buy when we want, we will just wait or IF BMW pisses us off enough, we will buy a 991 S, and that is still a hell of a lot car. M4 or not, try kicking sand into the face of a 991 S or for that matter a GT3. Sure, they cost more, but out of spite, I will buy one if anybody gives me a hard time! Hell, I already own one Porsche, why not make it two if BMW doesn't want to play fair!
RMB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #74
Never Convicted
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 M3 E92
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Premium, is a BS idea for any BMW product! This is not a Ferrari or Lambo! This is a BMW which IS mass produced! IF any dealer charges a premium, then they can sit on it for 6 or 12 months. For those of us who can buy when we want, we will just wait or IF BMW pisses us off enough, we will buy a 991 S, and that is still a hell of a lot car. M4 or not, try kicking sand into the face of a 991 S or for that matter a GT3. Sure, they cost more, but out of spite, I will buy one if anybody gives me a hard time! Hell, I already own one Porsche, why not make it two if BMW doesn't want to play fair!
You may want to cut back on the coffee a bit. Buy an M4 or a 991 or whatever soothes you. Just know that everyone is impressed that you can buy whenever you want, and we wouldn't dare give you a hard time. Now...deeeep cleansing breaths.
Never Convicted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #75
RMB
Lieutenant
 
RMB's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Cayenne S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

Posts: 568
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
You may want to cut back on the coffee a bit. Buy an M4 or a 991 or whatever soothes you. Just know that everyone is impressed that you can buy whenever you want, and we wouldn't dare give you a hard time. Now...deeeep cleansing breaths.
Point well taken. I just get frustrated when I think a dealer or a group of dealers think they are going to gouge someone when I don't think a mass produced vehicle should fall in that category. Sure they can charge whatever they want and someone can choose to pay it or walk. I will go with one less shot of espresso starting today.
RMB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #76
alpinweiss 335i
Brigadier General
 
alpinweiss 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 f30 335i 6MT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northeast USA

Posts: 3,156
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 f30 335i  [5.00]
2012 e92 M3  [5.00]
2013 f30 335i  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [5.00]
2003 e46 330xi  [4.00]
I know the next M3/4 will be amazing, but I still have some unfinished business before I get one. I am hoping to get into an e92 M3 first, before they get too old. One of a kind performance, last of its kind ///M car.
__________________
e46
e90
f30
e92 ///M

f30
alpinweiss 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #77
Ezio
Colonel
 
Ezio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

Posts: 2,692
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Point well taken. I just get frustrated when I think a dealer or a group of dealers think they are going to gouge someone when I don't think a mass produced vehicle should fall in that category. Sure they can charge whatever they want and someone can choose to pay it or walk. I will go with one less shot of espresso starting today.
a M3 is not as mass produced as most cars are. compared to all other models of BMW. M cars are much less produced. just go to a dealership and you will see. I agree its not a ferrari, but its not a 328i either.

Its one of those less mass produced cars, if that makes sense.
__________________
Ezio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #78
RMB
Lieutenant
 
RMB's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Cayenne S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

Posts: 568
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
a M3 is not as mass produced as most cars are. compared to all other models of BMW. M cars are much less produced. just go to a dealership and you will see. I agree its not a ferrari, but its not a 328i either.

Its one of those less mass produced cars, if that makes sense.
Yeah, I see what you mean. With the car being new and everything I know it is MSRP (that's what my dealer stated and that's fine), and with it being scarce to come by some dealers will mark it up possibly/likely. I would just shy away from those dealers.
RMB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #79
krnnerdboy
Colonel
 
krnnerdboy's Avatar
 
Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

Posts: 2,040
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur
-
I'm leaning no at this stage:

(1) I still love the E92's V8 too much;
(2) I'm not discontented for now;
(3) I'm thinking that the next car is a low Kms 991 CS2 w/ goodies - as a weekender, as
(4) my 335d is a perfect commuter w/ grunt to spare - hence no need for the extra torque of the M4's TT 6; and
(5) the design has not evolved enough for me vs E92, the word 'staid' comes to mind when considering the E92 was penned in mid-2000s. Porsche has done much better w/ its old Boxter/Cayman vs new iterations for e.g. - more bold /aggressive.
M cars weren't meant for weekend status cars, so it makes sense for you. For me, I want to consolidate my collection so the m3 makes sense for me!
__________________

W463, f30, 640i gc , gt3
Recent past: z4m, x5 lci, boss 302, c6 z06, m6
krnnerdboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #80
Atombyte
First Lieutenant
 
Atombyte's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3, 2013 535
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SC

Posts: 319
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
2013 M3  [0.00]
2011 X5 35i Premium  [0.00]
I'm looking forward to see what it can do. However, I have a feeling that I already own my last M3...possibly my last BMW.
__________________
Atombyte is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #81
Topgun2012
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 328
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Point well taken. I just get frustrated when I think a dealer or a group of dealers think they are going to gouge someone when I don't think a mass produced vehicle should fall in that category. Sure they can charge whatever they want and someone can choose to pay it or walk. I will go with one less shot of espresso starting today.
Dealers always give us a hard time. Like they are selling us a space ship! Why not spill the espresso on their desk for a change?
Topgun2012 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #82
RMB
Lieutenant
 
RMB's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Cayenne S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

Posts: 568
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun2012 View Post
Dealers always give us a hard time. Like they are selling us a space ship! Why not spill the espresso on their desk for a change?
Actually, that's a pretty good idea.
RMB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #83
abcdkv
Enlisted Member
 
abcdkv's Avatar
 
Drives: F02, E89
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

I'm so ready
__________________
Current: 2011 E89 Z4, 2011 F02 740Li, 2010 Nissan GT-R, 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo.
Gone: 2001 E46 M3, 2006 E60 M5, 2007 E63 M6, 2008 E93 M3, 2005 Mercedes SLK, 2010 Porsche Boxster, 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS, 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
abcdkv is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #84
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,759
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Wow!!! The m4 looks amazing!!!!! Who here agrees? What color would you guys get it in??!!

I like it in the yellow. My first choice would probably be in a blue.
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue N55 335xi Msport, Convenience, Technology, BMS intake, COBB AP, VRSF Downpipe, PE
TeinBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #85
GOLFFRR
 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,956
iTrader: (4)

Since the pics surfaces I find myself viewing them multiple times a day lol every time it looks better and better!! I'm very excited. Can't wait to get mine!
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #86
surlynkid
Captain
 
surlynkid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: League City, TX

Posts: 925
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Since the pics surfaces I find myself viewing them multiple times a day lol every time it looks better and better!! I'm very excited. Can't wait to get mine!
Does STBMW have any idea when orders can begin being placed - or a reasonable guess? And then when will they go into production? It seems like they are getting ahead of the schedule we all heard originally of late 2014. At this pace, I'd like to have an order in May 1 for ED July 1 or Aug 1.
__________________
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Performance Steering Wheel | CF Mirror Caps | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates | AiM Solo DL
surlynkid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #87
XtoM
Private
 
XtoM's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M4. Soon......
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

Definitely count me in for the M4, been in an X for a few years and I'm really looking forward to the new car, I've been trying to get an order in since I saw the pebble beach photos but so far no joy.
Suppose something more solid will need to happen before they can take money as a deposit, maybe the Detroit showing in January 2014, really hope it's sooner!
XtoM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #88
GOLFFRR
 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,956
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
Does STBMW have any idea when orders can begin being placed - or a reasonable guess? And then when will they go into production? It seems like they are getting ahead of the schedule we all heard originally of late 2014. At this pace, I'd like to have an order in May 1 for ED July 1 or Aug 1.
^^Not sure when we are able to place orders but David is taking deposits for orders now.

We are hoping that come November December we get info for a summer release. If its earlier we would be stoked. Like everyone else we want to get going ASAP on these cars and also get all you forums members your new cars ASAP. Now we are just sitting back drooling at the concept pics and waiting to hear more info from bmw like all of you

At this time we are crossing our fingers and hoping that bmw doesn't limit the allocations to a very small number each month for dealers. They may do that at first and if they do you could see some insane mark ups from dealers on these

We at most would sell Msrp to forum members but if bmw opens Ed orders like before and not have them come out of us allocations then we def will be able to figure out some great deals for the forums members
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 forum, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 m3, 2015 m4, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m3 forum, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, f80, f80 forum, f80 forums, f80 m3, f80 m3 forum, f80 m3 forums, f80 m3 sedan, f82, f82 coupe, f82 forum, f82 forums, f82 m3, f82 m3 coupe, f82 m3 forum, f82 m4, f82 m4 coupe, f82 m4 forum, f82 m4 forums, f83 m3, f83 m4, m forum, m forums, m3 f80, m3 f80 forum, m3 f80 forums, m4 forum, m4 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST