BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
absoluteis350
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi RS4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boston

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

2015 F82 BMW M4 Individual Order Specs

Based upon the current information we have, my order details look like this so far (for European Delivery):

Base M4 - 64200
Extended Merino - 1100
Executive Pkg - 3900
Lighting Pkg- 1900
Adaptive M Susp- 1000
HarmanKardon sound- 875
Enhanced USB/Bluetooth- 350
19" Black double spoke wheels- 1200
Carbon Ceramic Brakes- 7500
Destination Handling- 925?

BMW Individual Exterior paint (custom metallic red) 5000
BMW Individual Interior, red contrast stitching, custom panels 4000

TOTAL- $91,950
absoluteis350 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
signes
Brigadier General
 
signes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k

Posts: 4,207
iTrader: (3)

Picked your red yet? You will be waiting for a while before they accept Individual orders.
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
signes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
absoluteis350
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi RS4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boston

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Picked your red yet? You will be waiting for a while before they accept Individual orders.
Yea.. probably.. I will talk to my dealer.. he seems pretty motivated so maybe I can get him to do something.

I want to use McLaren's Volcano Red, looks awesome in person. If they can't do that for some silly reason, I will go back to Singapore grey... but that's not exactly a unique color.
absoluteis350 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
signes
Brigadier General
 
signes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k

Posts: 4,207
iTrader: (3)

Nice red. If you hear of this being available any time soon, let me know. From what I have heard it would be late in the model year for Individual if not next year before they accept them. Hope that isn't the case.
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
signes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
dmk08
///Maniac
 
dmk08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 2,793
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
92k M4? Yowza.
dmk08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
Alpine F31
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Alpine F31's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

Posts: 1,785
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post

I want to use McLaren's Volcano Red, looks awesome in person. If they can't do that for some silly reason, I will go back to Singapore grey... but that's not exactly a unique color.
I'm picturing an M4 in that red.......

Do it. Cant wait to see it. The interior will be fantastic as well.
__________________
2013 328i M Sport
Alpine F31 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
aajami
Brigadier General
 
aajami's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

Posts: 4,027
iTrader: (4)

Damn! +tax, financing (if applicable), and a couple of retrofit M Performance bits, and that's a $100,000 M4!
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
aajami is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
KennyPowers
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .....
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Coast

Posts: 4,283
iTrader: (13)

incredible

cant imagine spending 30k on options, but JMO

I certainly hope you get the red instead of Singapore gray. the Singapore gray is really close to the mineral gray, and if you are gonna throw down the cash on a 100k m3, you might as well get a color that stands out from the rest

look forward to seeing your car.
__________________
PCD 10/10 on 2015 M3 : MW / SB Full Leather / HK audio / Adaptive Suspension / Silver 19s / 6MT / CF Roof
KennyPowers is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
absoluteis350
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi RS4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boston

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Thanks.. Those are my thoughts exactly (that if I am doing individual, I might as well do something unique rather than Singapore gray). My only question is whether they can match the depth and color shift of the McLaren's paint.. I was just talking to one of the McLaren salesguys and they were saying that they do some injection of spherical elements into the paint before application to get the effect...

I'll let you guys know if it works out. I am realizing that the CCB are really a $10k option, because after the 7500, you need to add 1200 for the wheels to clear the brakes. And since I would want to go with a set of HRE's, it's essentially like pissing away $1200 on rims I would never use. If I strip the Individual leather and the CCB, that drops the price by a whopping $13k... Certainly something I would consider.. It's just that I wish I could "Individual" the color of the brake calipers away from blue.
absoluteis350 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #10
KennyPowers
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .....
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Coast

Posts: 4,283
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Thanks.. Those are my thoughts exactly (that if I am doing individual, I might as well do something unique rather than Singapore gray). My only question is whether they can match the depth and color shift of the McLaren's paint.. I was just talking to one of the McLaren salesguys and they were saying that they do some injection of spherical elements into the paint before application to get the effect...

I'll let you guys know if it works out. I am realizing that the CCB are really a $10k option, because after the 7500, you need to add 1200 for the wheels to clear the brakes. And since I would want to go with a set of HRE's, it's essentially like pissing away $1200 on rims I would never use. If I strip the Individual leather and the CCB, that drops the price by a whopping $13k... Certainly something I would consider.. It's just that I wish I could "Individual" the color of the brake calipers away from blue.
I stand by my stance of thinking that the ceramic brakes are idiotic (IMO) at this point in time. way too expensive, not under maintenance warranty, don't last long on the track, pads are expensive etc....

I think you would be way ahead having the calipers on the normal brakes removed and painted whatever color you want. Plus the performance will likely be killer on track with a simple race pad and fluid swap.
__________________
PCD 10/10 on 2015 M3 : MW / SB Full Leather / HK audio / Adaptive Suspension / Silver 19s / 6MT / CF Roof
KennyPowers is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
LSM
Captain
 
LSM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 772
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
incredible

cant imagine spending 30k on options, but JMO

I certainly hope you get the red instead of Singapore gray. the Singapore gray is really close to the mineral gray, and if you are gonna throw down the cash on a 100k m3, you might as well get a color that stands out from the rest

look forward to seeing your car.
+1
__________________
2014 BMW M6 Coupe
LSM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #12
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
 
Drives: LSB E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Yea.. probably.. I will talk to my dealer.. he seems pretty motivated so maybe I can get him to do something.

I want to use McLaren's Volcano Red, looks awesome in person. If they can't do that for some silly reason, I will go back to Singapore grey... but that's not exactly a unique color.
Has your dealer talked to Individual yet? Do you have any confirmation of those prices or even the availability of these options at any point in MY15, or at all? The quote from Individual for contrast stitching alone on my E92 was $4,600. 2-tone leather panels/inserts was $21K.
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe Individual | Laguna Seca Blue | 6MT | Black Extended | Piano Black | Moonroof
MS Stage II Intake + Test Pipes | Dinan Pulley | BPM Tune | Racing Dynamics Springs | IND painted accessories | ZCP Knob | OSS Angel Eyes
PrometheusM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #13
chicagofan00
Private First Class
 
chicagofan00's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M3 On Order
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix

Posts: 129
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Has your dealer talked to Individual yet? Do you have any confirmation of those prices or even the availability of these options at any point in MY15, or at all? The quote from Individual for contrast stitching alone on my E92 was $4,600. 2-tone leather panels/inserts was $21K.
__________________
Future: 2015 BMW M3
Current: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Recent Past: 2011 Audi S4, 2008 BMW 335i
chicagofan00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
absoluteis350
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi RS4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boston

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Has your dealer talked to Individual yet? Do you have any confirmation of those prices or even the availability of these options at any point in MY15, or at all? The quote from Individual for contrast stitching alone on my E92 was $4,600. 2-tone leather panels/inserts was $21K.
You are correct, we don't have confirmation on date of availability nor on the prices.. They approx prices they gave me was based upon other models (so may not be entirely accurate) and I'm pretty sure the interior price must have been the stitching. Anyway, they have my list and are supposed to call me when they have any info.

Seems ridiculous to have them wait on individual orders.. its irrelevant whether they mix the paint now or at a future date, its no more or less complicated, but I understand from a marketing standpoint.
absoluteis350 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
chicagofan00
Private First Class
 
chicagofan00's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M3 On Order
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix

Posts: 129
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
You are correct, we don't have confirmation on date of availability nor on the prices.. They approx prices they gave me was based upon other models (so may not be entirely accurate) and I'm pretty sure the interior price must have been the stitching. Anyway, they have my list and are supposed to call me when they have any info.

Seems ridiculous to have them wait on individual orders.. its irrelevant whether they mix the paint now or at a future date, its no more or less complicated, but I understand from a marketing standpoint.
More of a production standpoint than a marketing standpoint. Any individual car has a slightly longer production time and they most likely want to put as many non individual cars out there as quickly as possible the first couple of months (or maybe even year) before slowing things down slightly by doing individual cars.
__________________
Future: 2015 BMW M3
Current: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Recent Past: 2011 Audi S4, 2008 BMW 335i
chicagofan00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
chris719
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 471
iTrader: (0)

If the Volcano Red is a 3 stage process like the metallic red on the 430 Scuderia I don't think BMW will paint it. Could be wrong though. It's not metallic but I like Porsche Guards Red and Imola Red.
chris719 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #17
absoluteis350
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi RS4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boston

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
If the Volcano Red is a 3 stage process like the metallic red on the 430 Scuderia I don't think BMW will paint it. Could be wrong though. It's not metallic but I like Porsche Guards Red and Imola Red.
Hi Chris.. I was told at McLaren that the depth in the paint has to do with some spherical elements that they inject into the paint, instead of metal flakes. So no, I have no idea if BMW will do it.. which makes me sad.. However, I am hoping by some miracle that they will do it, or figure out how to do it.. The depth of the color and the shift in the sunlight is incredible.
absoluteis350 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #18
/// M sa
Captain
 
/// M sa's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 MG
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delmarva

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Based upon the current information we have, my order details look like this so far (for European Delivery):

Base M4 - 64200
Extended Merino - 1100
Executive Pkg - 3900
Lighting Pkg- 1900
Adaptive M Susp- 1000
HarmanKardon sound- 875
Enhanced USB/Bluetooth- 350
19" Black double spoke wheels- 1200
Carbon Ceramic Brakes- 7500
Destination Handling- 925?

BMW Individual Exterior paint (custom metallic red) 5000
BMW Individual Interior, red contrast stitching, custom panels 4000

TOTAL- $91,950
Big baller shot caller you go Boyeeee lol 91k M4 how you doin
/// M sa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #19
absoluteis350
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi RS4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boston

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M sa View Post
Big baller shot caller you go Boyeeee lol 91k M4 how you doin
If I was that, I would be ridin in the benz with the spoilers.
absoluteis350 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2014, 04:21 AM   #20
TTG
...
 
TTG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 2,854
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
92k for a 1st year production car..... No thanks!
__________________
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 AW w/ Silver Novillo ZCP, ZTP, ZPP, 494, 6FL, 507, 302 & 415.....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray, Black Leatherette + Alum, Nav, ZCW, ZSP, PDC, CA & Sunshade.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
TTG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #21
absoluteis350
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi RS4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boston

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
92k for a 1st year production car..... No thanks!
Yea, unfortunately I can't wait for 2nd year, and I can't wait for BMW to offer decent colors... so 92k custom it is !
absoluteis350 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #22
TTG
...
 
TTG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 2,854
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Yea, unfortunately I can't wait for 2nd year, and I can't wait for BMW to offer decent colors... so 92k custom it is !
By the time they approve your ext and int combo, you might as well get a 2nd year production car. There are very few (if any) individual cars are offered for US during 1st year production.

Keep us posted though.
__________________
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 AW w/ Silver Novillo ZCP, ZTP, ZPP, 494, 6FL, 507, 302 & 415.....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray, Black Leatherette + Alum, Nav, ZCW, ZSP, PDC, CA & Sunshade.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
TTG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST