GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-18-2014, 12:57 AM   #1
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

[OFFICIAL] USA DELIVERED F8x Packages and Options Survey and Results

We started a survey back in April to track M3 and M4 production week schedule for the first batch of allocation. It turned out to be an eye-opening experiment. We got some insight into BMW’s production scheduling, production ramp up, as well as colors and options popularity. It was a small but successful experiment, but we didn't have all the data we wish we had for deeper analysis.

Now that new M3 and M4 cars are being released to customers, I would like to start a new survey to track new United States-bound M3 and M4 cars’ configurations. This survey is set up to collect information on all available options and features in the USA so we can get more data to analyze. With this survey, for example, we will be able to see which internal and external colors are the most popular, the percentage of cars with the Exec package, the percent of cars having both the lighting package and M-DCT, or how many cars are stripper cars and how many are truly “fully-loaded”, among other things.

If you have a United States-bound M3 or M4 car that has been delivered, please spend a couple of minutes to complete this survey. Please only submit one survey per delivered car. Please DO NOT SUBMIT a survey for a car that you think you would option in the future but have not been purchased and delivered.

If you see there are missing options, choices, or bugs in the survey, please post here. I will periodically compile the data here for us to discuss.

If there is enough demand for a survey for countries like Canada, UK, or other European countries, please PM me. I might do one for other countries if there is enough demand.

Please only submit to this survey if you already have your car delivered.

LINK TO SURVEY

Last edited by Sir Loin; 07-14-2014 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 5
      06-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
We started a survey back in April to track M3 and M4 production week schedule for the first batch of allocation. It turned out to be an eye-opening experiment. We got some insight into BMW’s production scheduling, production ramp up, as well as colors and options popularity. It was a small but successful experiment, but we didn't have all the data we wish we had for deeper analysis.

Now that new M3 and M4 cars are being released to customers, I would like to start a new survey to track new United States-bound M3 and M4 cars’ configurations. This survey is set up to collect information on all available options and features in the USA so we can get more data to analyze. With this survey, for example, we will be able to see which internal and external colors are the most popular, the percentage of cars with the Exec package, the percent of cars having both the lighting package and M-DCT, or how many cars are stripper cars and how many are truly “fully-loaded”, among other things.

If you have a United States-bound M3 or M4 car that has been delivered, please spend a couple of minutes to complete this survey. Please only submit one survey per delivered car. Please DO NOT SUBMIT a survey for a car that you think you would option in the future but have not been purchased and delivered.

If you see there are missing options, choices, or bugs in the survey, please post here. I will periodically compile the data here for us to discuss.

If there is enough demand for a survey for countries like Canada, UK, or other European countries, please PM me. I might do one for other countries if there is enough demand.

Please only submit to this survey if you already have your car delivered.

http://1drv.ms/1lS2n3P
Sorry, I PE'd on your survey. You can erase mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 02:21 AM   #3
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
Sorry, I PE'd on your survey. You can erase mine.
No worries
      06-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Posting to remind myself Less than 2 weeks to delivery at the Welt. Paid!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

I might have started this thread a little too early. The flood gate should open up very soon. I hope the epic ED group will have internet access in Germany to submit their surveys
      06-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
JDUni1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '12 135i (Sold)

Seems to be a lot of MW and AW cars... Wonder if your survey will reflect that?
2015 Alpine White ///M3 | Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather | 6MT | Lighting Package | Harmon Kardon | H&R Sport Springs (F32) | iND Cosmetic Treatment | M Performance Spoiler | 19" HRE 301M Frozen Red| Mode Carbon Trophy R1 Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUni1 View Post
Seems to be a lot of MW and AW cars... Wonder if your survey will reflect that?
Lots of AW from the allocation survey, MW is less popular than MG, YMB, and BS. I suspect AW will be the most popular color in this new survey. Below is the charts from the most recent survey report I posted on the allocation thread.

06-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #8
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

I wonder if the pre-production M3 and M4 were AY and YMB respectively (i.e. the other way around than what they were) would the AY and YAB numbers above also be the other way around?

Cheers.
      06-19-2014, 07:24 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

posted.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #10
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Have their been any cars in the US delivered with 18" wheels?
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #11
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Have their been any cars in the US delivered with 18" wheels?
not that we know of yet.
      06-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #12
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Isn't 18" wheels standard..it's a bit surprising we haven't seen any, no?

I didn't want to pay for 19s as my first mod will be to swap out the wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #13
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

For the cars that are just delivered, I think most of them were dealer launch cars, so all of them were configured with 19" wheels. I remember reading a few forum members ordering stripers so there will be some cars equipped with 18" wheels from the first batch of allocation. But I suspect most US cars will come with 19".
      06-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #14
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Hello everyone! First update! New cars are being sold and released to customers for the last few days in the US of A. We have 9 entries so far. They are from Reid, GotEm4, AutoArmoursSD, GOLFFRR, Bluehinder, Mintpixels, kqian, Spencer25, and Viking123. Congrats to all new owners to these awesome M cars! A couple of entries are in the future. Since they are close enough, we will keep them in the survey.

The data set is very small at the moment. I suspect a lot of these cars, if not most, are dealer launch cars. So their configurations may not be good representation of what customer orders might look like. For example, all but one car has executive package. 4 out of 9 cars have manual transmission. But only 1 car so far has the light 19" wheels. All other cars have black 19" wheels. CCBs take rate is low, only 2 out of 9.

That is it for now. We are collecting all available option choices. If there are statistics you want to see, please post here and I will add them to the next report the best I can.

And new owners, please submit your entry to the survey as soon as your car is delivered to you. Thanks.
Attached Images

06-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #15
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

We have 6 more new entries to the survey. But two entries were by user name that I don't recognize: Cocknballz (hehe, really?) and Plastic_Surgeon. I can't find them on bimmerpost.com either. Plastic_Surgeon's delivery date is October 20th, 2014, so the car's configuration may not be final. Cocknballz maybe a joke. I will unfortunately need to remove them from the survey. If you are Cocknballz and Plastic_surgeon and you made an error, please PM me. Thanks.
      06-25-2014, 05:00 AM   #16
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Survey submitted
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 01:17 AM   #17
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Second update:

We have 19 entries for the survey so far. The rows are filling up nicely in the spreadsheet. The data is forming up to patterns similar to our 1st batch allocation survey.

For colors, AW is leading the way followed by BS, YMB, MW, and SS. Black is the most popular interior color. There are also more Full leather than Extended leather.

There are 16 cars with Exec package vs 3 without. For a nanny-ish set of features, Driver Assist package, 10 cars have them vs 9 does not. The gap between cars with lighting package and cars without is wider. Similar gap for Adaptive M Suspension and standard suspension.

As predicted by BMW, there are more M-DCT cars than MT cars. For this data set so far, the vast majority cars have 19" black wheels and standard steel brakes.

New M car owners, keep the survey coming. Please submit data only after you have taken delivery of your car. Please do not submit to the survey for cars you plan to order or will take delivery in the future. Thanks.

I am able to do all kinds of pivots. If there is a view you want to see, please post here.
Attached Images

06-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #18
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Second update:

We have 19 entries for the survey so far. The rows are filling up nicely in the spreadsheet. The data is forming up to patterns similar to our 1st batch allocation survey.

For colors, AW is leading the way followed by BS, YMB, MW, and SS. Black is the most popular interior color. There are also more Full leather than Extended leather.

There are 16 cars with Exec package vs 3 without. For a nanny-ish set of features, Driver Assist package, 10 cars have them vs 9 does not. The gap between cars with lighting package and cars without is wider. Similar gap for Adaptive M Suspension and standard suspension.

As predicted by BMW, there are more M-DCT cars than MT cars. For this data set so far, the vast majority cars have 19" black wheels and standard steel brakes.

New M car owners, keep the survey coming. Please submit data only after you have taken delivery of your car. Please do not submit to the survey for cars you plan to order or will take delivery in the future. Thanks.

I am able to do all kinds of pivots. If there is a view you want to see, please post here.
did u get my entry?
      06-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #19
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

man, looks like I'll be in the minority for almost everything except wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #20
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte92 View Post
did u get my entry?
Yes, I got your entry. Thanks.
      06-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #21
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Too bad this data will only reflect people on this board.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #22
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
Too bad this data will only reflect people on this board.
Yep, we won't have data from new M3/M4 owners who don't come to this forum. But this forum is the most prolific M3/M4 forum on the Internet.