View Single Post
      08-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #166
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
A company handles my finances, they're very good, they keep me balanced and on the fence, 60-70k every 2 years for automotive pleasure its perfect, that is upgrading/trading current rides or purchasing a new one
Sounds great. For me, even in that case I still will not choose to purchase options I do not need. I am an engineer so philosophically I keep things as simple as possible for the task at hand.

Philosophy aside, I think the end result is the same anyway. For a $70k budget, whether comparing a stripped M4 to a stripped 435i or a loaded 435i I'd choose the M4. However, I don't necessarily believe you will be able to drive away in an M4 for that sum of money. I suspect OTD it will be mid-70s, especially since there may be a couple "must haves" such as metallic paint, non-plastic interior trim, possibly factory performance upgrades. Perhaps, if they don't take ED cars from dealer allocations you will be able to come in under $70k for an ED. But I would not count on that, at least not right away.
Appreciate 0