View Single Post
      12-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #351
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

To compare the all new Mustang to the older Mustang is not completely fair. As it seems like the new interior is much better design then the previous one. The fit and finish is yet to be seen but design is improved. I am sure the new one also offers greater refinement then the last generation one. Is it at BMW level well?......probably not.......but then no one should expect it to be at that level for nearly half the priced $60K vs $30K.

As for BMW the quality of materials used has gone down 435i vs 335i. The quality of product and finish is a actually a step back with more harder plaskticky use in the newer version. If you look at the interiors design wise...then minus the tack on NAV screen on top of the dash of 435i vs the 335i more integrated NAV screen. The rest of 4 series design is improvement.

To keep things in perspective unless one is a dash stroker a 1/3rd in price should not offer nearly double the performance. As will be the case with Mustang vs BMW 4 series comparison below:

2015 Mustang 5.0 GT 400hp vs 2014 BMW 428i 240hp
or
2015 Shelby GT500 660hp vs 2015 BMW 435i 300hp

Now with better interiors in the Mustang for its price and performance buying a BMW 4 series looks like a exercise in badge worship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGreer View Post
I get the price comparison, and Ford has understandably sold a lot of Mustangs because some car magazine called it "America's M3." I'll tell you, though, based on the current Mustang version, if you drive a GT and an M3 - or even a 435 - back to back, you'll see that it's about more than speed. The Mustang is loud, it's raucous, and it feels primitive. It rattles, the plastic is flat and hard, and the visibility sucks.

I think the Mustang is a lot of car for the money, but I don't compare one directly to a BMW. They are different things.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0