Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberm3 View Post
Ok I'll keep it short (as I can):
1 - Yes,the F30 335 did get quicker than the E90 by the same amount that the M3 is estimated to. Real world may prove different. No one really knows yet.

Where did you pull that from? The 335i's are more or less on the same ground in terms of raw performance in stock trim. If nothing else, the older E9X N54 powered 335i is really the true gem of the N motors.

Quote:
2 - yes, I'm aware of integrated headrest in sports cars again I'm referring to the overall look of them. Simpler is better. The lights are tacky. I'm paying 70-80k. I care.
Are the lights in the seats a deal breaker? If they are, why even consider the car?

Quote:
3 - exhaust flap - this is regulation turned to marketing. It likely improves drivability, meets noise regs, emissions/etc., not max top end performance (don't see it on any race car after all). I don't look to the aftermarket for direction there - plenty of "snake oil" to be had in general.
What does the flap have to do with anything?

Quote:
4. The motor - agreed nothing else is similar, except the basic design, dimensions, etc. Our definitions of warmed over are different.
I think your definition of warmed over is different than most.
Appreciate 0