Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Huh?

I dont want to get in the sound debate and i think the new m4 has a pretty good exhaust note from the videos posted everywhere but...

The noises that ppl refer to in the s65 is NOT exhaust noise whatsoever. In fact, there is no damn exhaust noise lol.

Even the n52 sounds pretty bad ass from under the hood when you step on it.

Induction and mechanical noises is the key here. Not just exhaust note. Big difference.

Next time everyone on here try to focus on what the engine sounds like. Not the fart can from behind the car. All i hear is a muted engine sound with some whistling (although that can sound badass as well with intake mods etc) in every turbo car and thats what youre going to get no matter what.

You can add exhaust and test pipes and whatever you want but that will not change the mechanical sound of the engine. I enjoy exhaust note as well but engines noises are completely different.

I was even impressed by noise the new is350 made while the dude was flooring it to show off compared to the nothing you hear from the 335i

Hell, even when vtec kicks in it at least sounds good under the hood

Comparing 6cylinders, the s54 sounds awesome. Same thing. Under the hood. Not exhaust noted in the back. Again, there was no exhaust note lol. I dont think s55 will sound like that.

Nothing wrong with sounding like a 747 about to take off with an awesome exhaust note but i will miss the sound of the naturally aspirated engines.
Chris Harris seems to love how the N55 sounds in the M135i

Appreciate 0