View Single Post
      01-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #27
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
But I have to ask (...and will continue to ask until I completely understand the genesis for such comments)....

.....How can you possibly know about the 'character' of the engine when you haven't even driven the car yet? The fact that it's turbocharged isn't enough - in, and of itself - to make such claims. Your final point is a direct contradiction to what you stated in the sentence that preceded it. To me, making statements about character and feel when you (..generally speaking, not you specifically) have zero experience with the automotive product is akin to saying, "That tastes gross!", yet you've never even sampled the food.
No wrong, turbo engines are not linear in power delivery by definition since they rely on boost which is not constant across the rpm range. This makes them less predictable. Turbo lag is also a fact and it's evident that it does exist in the S55 otherwise there would be no need for an anti-lag feature, this make them less responsive. What remains to be seen is how much of this you can actually feel when driving it and if it's an "issue" or just a "feature". I don't want this to turn into a Boss330 like battle again on FI vs. NA, ther eis nothing you can say that will make me think different about this so this is my last comment in this thread.
Appreciate 0