04-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #8
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeTrophyGuy View Post
With regard to the 30-40% changed parts for M Performance vs. 70-80% for full-on M Cars, I've seen those numbers thrown around in a few articles, usually in interviews with BMW engineers trying to introduce the M Performance line and explain how it sits at the halfway point between lower M-Sport models which are usually limited to suspension and cosmetic changes and full on M-cars. I can't find the article I was thinking of when I wrote the original post, but here is one where the engineer gives an exact number rather than a range (30% upgraded parts for the new "M Performance brand" M135 vs 80% for a typical full on M-Car):

https://www.m-power.com/_open/b/varl...d=2807&lang=en
Thanks for the link. When you consider that a car is made up of thousands (if not tens of thousands) of individual parts, both figures seem really inflated. That, or BMW's definition of what "changed" or "completely changed" means is liberal.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0