View Single Post
      04-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #123
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I am gonna stoop the point of saying that you are starting to make stuff up or are blindly infatuated with an outdated motor.

Have you ever seen any of the following on a track?

Mclaren MP-12C?
911 turbo s?
Ferrari F40?
Nissan GTR?

All turbo cars with turbo engines that would blow away nearly anything NA... in fact the only credible NA cars around the Ring that are left are the Vettes, Vipers and the Lexus LFA. Two of those have gigantic motors that are unfit for an M3 and the latter is a $375K supercar.
All cars you listed plays in an much higher hp-class than the M3/M4 ... in this class you need really big N/A engines to realise such high hp-numbers.

And you simply forget one the best trackcars ever ... the Porsche GT3 and GT3-RS.

The only reason why for me S65 and S55 are comparable, is because they are in the same hp-class ... if the new M3/M4 would get an turbo engine in the ~500hp class, none ever would compare it with an S65 equiped car.

Yes IŽam an fan of the S65, but I have nothing aganist turbo engine ... there are many really great turbo engines on the market, but with nearly the same hp like the S65 the S55 only change the driving charakter of the M3, there are many other, not engine related, improvements, that makes the F8x so much faster than the e9xM3 and to "the best M3 ever"
Appreciate 0