View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #208
Elijaih
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 GT4 & 2020 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
I have a hard time believing this. Because Motortrend, a respected auto magazine, posted 2 separate videos where both the M4 and the C7 were dyno tested on the same K&N facility, the one that many people on this forum believe is consistently under rating the cars, or at the very least is inaccurate.

The results:
The M4 tested out at 376HP at the wheels.
The C7 tested out at 402HP at the wheels.

With a 15% powertrain loss accounted for, both results indicate crank HP numbers that more closely resemble what is claimed by both manufacturers. At the very least, the test results show that the C7 has substantially more HP at the crank than the M4.

Did anyone else notice that the front wheels are not spinning on the C7 dyno and that the front wheels are spinning for the M4 and M3 dyno? Look at the 3:40 mark on the C7 video, it isn't a great angle, but the only one I could find on that video that shows a front wheel. I watched it multiple times and the front wheel isn't spinning. On the M4 and M3 dyno, you can see the front wheels spinning a few times.

Would that mean the dyno was set to AWD for the M4 and M3, hence low numbers for both the M4 and M3? The C7 dyno was set to RWD so more accurate to what it should be.
Appreciate 0