View Single Post
      08-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #36
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Are you saying that a steering can't be communicative unless driven at the limit on a track? ... They just happened to have a different view on the steering than Solstice. Just like Chris Harris also found the "feel" to be better than in the E92. Things like "feel" and "communicative steering" is a field of engineering where there is a grey line between objective and measureable qualities and subjective opininions
Nope, not in the general sense. But in solstice sense. Relax boss, a thesis is not required to elaborate on Joe's point. He made it abundantly clear (Btw I was waiting for your reply in our last exchange.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
"Communicative" is incorrect; you prefer the steering feel of the hydraulic , not that the EPS is less "communicative", since you're not driving it at its limit.[/url]
solstice had been at this for years talking about numb steering, where you were not around. He's referring to steering feel and not the communicativeness of the steering. And yes, I've referred him to Lotus. And yes also, everyone is entitled to his opinion, clearly so in a forum. I'm pointing out matters to show the weight one should have regard to to solstice's opinion.

You referred to steering feel and communicative steering in your quote above, probably interchangeably; see my post above where I pointed out that solstice prefers the steering feel of a hydraulic (with an emoticon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Because he said N63TU, which would be either the F10 550i or a similar 6 or 7 series variant with that engine.

The N63TU was a -50 series model.
Yes, of course, but he could not have checked out the N63 on the same/similar roads.

Last edited by bm323; 08-11-2014 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0