View Single Post
      08-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #25
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Comparing the HK to the Hifi in the F30 is a massive improvment. The F30 Hifi was not good in my opinion. I think the Hifi is better than 70% of factory cars today but not ideal if your into audio systems at all.

That being said the HK is much louder but with it's own problems also. Would be nice to have some way to auto adjust the settings by song, it seems as soon as it's dialed in for one type of music it's not very suitable for another type of music.

Maybe allowing the user to save settings for the EQ in the memory buttons would solve some of the complaints here, this way you can with one touch change the EQ settings to a configured setup that you like.

For me when I hear some of my favorite old rock and then switch over to something new or more in the pop family vs. more bass heavy music the settings are always all over if I really want to optimize the sound to its best potential. This is what I have always been dealing with - no matter what sound system I have. I will be thankful though, the HK is a great system overall, it's not going to win a competition but you can (as others have stated) add a 10" or preferably a quality 12" sub and have a very solid system in your car. Try to build one from scratch that's better and I bet your paying 2-3x as much as you have invested in the HK upgrade.
Appreciate 0