08-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #16
M4LF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Please, if you are on of those "I would only get leather in a BMW guys because it's more luxurious or better resale value, etc,"
then please click away!

I like cloth/leather or alcantara better in sports car. The seats are grippier when cornering and hard braking and they stay cooler in the summer here in SoCal and they don't get as cold in winters.

Thank you.
For many years I thought having a sweaty back/ shirt was something that happens after a long drive in hot weather. I had forgotten that this does NOT happen when your seats are cloth (from my ghetto days lol). It wasn't until I had a car with cooled/ ventilated leather seats when I realized that leather seats without cooled or ventilation function is a no go. What was BMW engineers thinking!? Apparently they put the B team on the seat design

Now that's just for normal driving. We're not talking about tracking this car in sometimes hot weather and no air conditioning. So while I agree that leather looks great in cars. You need to remember that seats were designed for you to sit on, not to be stared at like the ones in your living room. So if you're going to do it in leather, add ventilation feature.

So even if I wasn't planning to track this car, I would go cloth for general comfort in a warmer climate. Not to mention it it won't burn my girl's legs when she's wearing short mini skirts . If I was tracking this car, it's a no brainer. Cloth all the way.
Appreciate 0