Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
Hate to be a part of furthering any sort of misunderstanding, but I have to ask: as a daily driver in wet conditions, how does the F8x perform? The reason is that I'll likely be moving from Hawaii (summer, dry conditions 95% of the time) to Seattle (rain 50% of the time, some hills in the city). I'm going to get my M3 while in Hawaii for a bit of time, then ship it to Seattle is the plan.

I'm now having a bit of second thoughts on whether I'll take delivery or pick up something with more utility in the wet Seattle conditions like an M235i X-Drive, or a 3 series with X drive.

For just regular casual driving, will traction be an issue in the M3 in wet conditions? I don't really push my cars to their limits, I more enjoy the aesthetic/sound/sport heritage of the car and maybe just open it up on the freeway on occasion. So for regular average driving, will the back end be stepping out a bit with DSC fully on? Because that's not something I initially anticipated!
If it were my money, I would not get the M for wet climates. GT-R would be a better choice if your budget suffices, it is one AWD car that seems to have minimized understeer.
For what Sanpelligrino will be doing with its car(sounds like he does'nt need all the performance of an M4), I think just a S5 with a tune would be a great choice, that's the car I'd get for daily driving in a mostly wet climate, RS5 would be more fun at many places but not in the streets of San Fran and M4, well not the best choice for driving in the rain half of the time(if you like to have fun).
Appreciate 0