View Single Post
      02-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #102
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
How is the exhaust note? YouTube review said sounds like a Honda?
Just go and listen to one at the dealer...you at least deserve a test drive. The Macan T has nice burbles in-between shifts but thats all you hear. M3/4 much louder. Sounds different. There are a ton of videos on you tube of the exhaust note. Initially sounded weird to me (but honestly was expecting a V8 sound), but now it sounds normal...note I don't have a car yet, but even on the videos and recent top gear episode I'm already used to the sound and OK with it and can identify it just by the sound.

The Macans I test drove (3 of them) were all very tight, and very nice. But they are not a sports car (heck neither is the M3/4) and that extra weight and higher center of gravity is noticeable in the Macan, but they did a great job with the suspension - almost unbelievable going fast through tight turns, but the 4000+ lbs is definitely noticeable. M3/4 is a completely different animal than a Macan. The back seats in the Macan are very cramped....Not trying to convert you but I knew what i was after (performance and daily drivability occasionally hauling 3 kids and the boss) didn't realize what I really wanted until I drove it....Macan and M3 both fit the bill, just have been in SUVs so long didn't consider the sedan until I drove it. Can't wait for her to arrive...

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 02-24-2015 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0