View Single Post
      06-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #372
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Looking at the actual photos of the F30 LCI (the M3 LCI photos are photoshopped) I see now that the vent frames and surrounds are slightly changed. Stand corrected. The current vent frames within the trim have the gloss black surround all around the frame, but in the LCI there is no surround on the bottom part of the frame. The center vent hazard/lock button mount also changed.

So then the change of trim code makes more sense now as the trim is really different not only in the Chrome accent but in shapes within the vent frames from MY2015. The trim and center vent assembly P/N will be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
That's what I suspected. But those inserts are separate from the actual trim-proper itself, right? If so then, in fact, if you take a sample of 2016 trim parts and set them right next to a similar sample of 2015 trim parts, you'd be looking at identical parts, probably even with the exact same part numbers. Ergo, for the trim itself, the only thing that has changed is the option codes. Part numbers for the accents around the vents have no doubt changed, yes, but this would not be visible in the order guide.

Do we know if ETK or similar sources have the MY2016 3/4/M3/M4 parts yet? That would provide the insight we need.
Appreciate 0