07-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #91
M4 LF
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I have never put tint on the windshield of any car I've owned. For those that do, does it affect the performance of items attached to the windshield (or do they damage the tint)? In my case, I have a sticker that I need to affix to the front windshield to open the gate to my community, have a turnpike toll transponder affixed to my windshield with suction cups and a 9500ix radar detector with sticky cup. Not sure how putting tint on the windshield would coexist with those items. Thanks.
I tint my windshield on multiple cars. As soon as the tint dries (I wait at least a week) I've mounted everything from stickers, suction cups, 3M double sided tapes to mount a dashcam, and even had the 3M tape removed and then remounted. No problems at all. I've even had tint on a car with HUD, no problem. As for the toll transponder I just leave that in the glove compartment, it works fine.

Even if I didn't like the tint look, I would tint my whole car in 80% ceramic. You can barely tell it's there but it blocks 40-45% heat and your comfort level will increase by 100%.
Appreciate 0