BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Appreciate the review, Glad you're happy with the T-500 flash.

We've been doing a ton on testing on this file, with over 100 runfiles on our shop M4 already. We're experiencing the same results as Bring's review, those that have been flashes have been very pleased with the results with the smoothness in power and torque delivery.

ESS is leading the way again on flash tuning for the S55. We're seeing some very good numbers on 91 octane and will be flashing a couple more this week and following up with results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
ESS flash is a bench flash. Remove the ECU from engine, flash it, return ECU to engine. Further flashs (from what I understand) don't require ECU removal, but can be done through the OBDII
Correct. The RSA encryption has been the hurdle here but we're seeing big progress in very little time compared to the time it took to see tunes for previous-generation M3s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autohaus Frankfurt View Post
I wonder how comparable the ESS flash is to the ESS etronic harness.
I heard that they both perform almost the same. (Performance wise)

Is this a true OBD flash or was there connection directly to the computer to perform this software flash ?
Brings' M3 was bench-flashed at our facility, OBD2 flashing vehicles will be an option soon down the road. We are capable of same-day tuning, as well as dynoing in-house.

More to come.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0