11-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #437
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Porsche is definitely one of the most scummy companies around and people fall for it... not only is every single one of their products overpriced and they nickel and dime you for everything, they change allocations, make limited cars not limited, add manuals back to dct only cars and vice versa... to top it all of VW owns them and further deepens these schemes with scandals, and people seem to be completely un-moved by all of this... yet BMW makes a car 50 lbs heavier than advertised and you have forum scandals... lol
I'm not commenting on the company or brand but to your point on the weight... My GT4 weighs close to 160lbs more than the claimed curb weight. I have very few options and maybe the only ones that add any weight are the leather dash and the fire extinguisher. I've never owned a car before that was this far off from the claimed specs. Kind of pisses me off.

To your point on the limited production...also a bit irritated that the floodgates were opened on allocations but at the same time I do appreciate people being able to get the car if they truly want one.
Appreciate 0