View Single Post
      11-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
Flying Low
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3, 2003 M3, 2015 M4

Ground Control Camber Plates and Camber Angle

I've done a total of 7 track days with the M4 (and 3 more with the turbo E46 M3). After initially getting the wrong spherical bearings on the GC plates; now with the correct Teflon bearings, the GC camber plates have been great with no noise at all in front after 2 track days and about 2000 miles on California's really lousy roads. Time and miles will tell how long they will last without noise but I can highly recommend the GC plates now. The M4 has Hoosier 285 and 295 front and rear. Two of the 7 track days on the M4 were done without camber plates and the front tires had a fair amount of wear on the outside edges. The next 5 track days on the M4 were with GC camber plates set at about 3 degrees negative and 3/32 inch toe out. The front Hoosiers are corded on the inside edges and are toast. I'm going to reduce to 2 degrees and see how that is. Also, I might reduce the toe out.

Has anyone else experienced cording on the inside edges of the front tires? And what is the sweet spot for front camber. It appears that TC Kline camber plates only go to 2 degrees negative and maybe this is the sweet spot. I did notice less braking capability with the 3 degrees as compared to no camber plates in front (stock camber).

Thanks,
Terry

Last edited by Flying Low; 11-07-2015 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0