11-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
Ha, I've owned the F80 now for over for weeks and I only had it for three days.
Took it out for the first measure spin on Sunday night. All fine, great night, jb4 installed, car pulls hard and I'm happy. Then I switch back to 100% stock psi and bypass if jb4. Another hard pull and at 6500 rpm in 3rd gear *¥BAM$* the exit pipe from the intercooler blows off. Immediate drivetrain malfunction and complete turbo power loss of course. Not a bad fix, I first thought the pipe actually burst but it turned out that the clamp wasn't that tight and the pile just slipped off.
Has this happened to anybody before? I have seen many posts of the incoming charge pipes coming off or bursting but not the one that goes out from the intercooler (what's that pipe called btw?).
Should I replace any parts with stronger aftermarket parts?
Of course I am also getting worried about the safety of the jb4. I had it on my F10 ///M5 and drive the car hard for two full years without any issues at up to 4.5psi over stock. Should I be more concerned with the S55 and jb4?

Will load pictures as soon as I am back stationary.
Make sure the clamp is tight this time, if you have more issues with it i recommend you upgrade to a Burger Tuning CP or Evolution Racewerks

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0