Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Hi Dackelone,

I have been doing some research and pricing on parts needed to get this service done with the minimal amount of expenditure. As you may or may not remember i live in Germany and looks like i will be paying for the service out of pocket.

I also decided to go ahead and replace the manual transmission fluid as a precautionary method. My question is, do you know the part number for the drain and fill plugs for the manual transmission? i have look in realoem and i believe these are the ones listed part number 7

23127602815 Screw plug M18X1,5X12

listed under

3' F80 M3 LCI M3 GS6-45BZ Gaskets/seals / mounted parts

The bolt legend however, shows the drain plug as item number 8. This is were i am confused.

Also the reason i am asking this is because last time i performed the service on my e90 335i someone the prev owner reused the drain and fill plugs which were made out of aluminium. It was a pain in the ass to remove as they stripped right away when i tried to removed them. Good thing i got advice from the forums on ways and techniques to get stubborn plugs out.
and so hence the question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your contributions. Very helpful indeed.

You are correct. You will need two(2) of the #7 plugs...

bmw p/n 23127602815

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...30#23127602815

#8 is the vent tube on top of the trans. It's there in case their is too much trans oil inside the trans, it will foam up and puke it out of that vent. It also serves as a breather.

When you change your manual trans oil... just make sure your car is level. Remove the FILL plug first(in case its seized) and then your drain plug at the bottom of the trans.

Dackel
Appreciate 0