View Single Post
      07-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #63
socalgasking
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 1969 Chevy Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
I don't want to rain on your parade but if you've been trying to sell for the last 5 months without success, your asking price is higher than what people are willing to pay for your car. M4 does not have a supply shortage and is not in great demand - almost every dealer has a few laying around.

I just sold my M3 with a $70k MSRP (I paid over $71k after taxes) for high 50k's. It was a pretty decent deal and almost $3000 higher than what most dealers gave me. I actually came ahead than if I had leased the car. I owned the car for 20 months and drove close to 20k. Typical monthly lease cost for a car like mine is in the $750 range, so over 20 months I would've spent $15,000 in lease payments, but I only lost around 14k in depreciation from the sale.

My advice is hold on to the car if you are not willing to sell at a price that will sell the car. The car continues to depreciate at a faster rate than the low mileage you drove over the last five months.

I appreciate the advice, i believe you are coming from a good place with it. With that said i think its kind of a pain how much unsolicited advice people try to give you when you are trying to advertise the sale of your car on this forum. With all due respect i have seen with my own eyes cars like mine sell for 62-64k, now my asking price might be more than that, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't be willing to negotiate. Thanks again for the comment, hope you have a pleasant weekend.
Appreciate 0