CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Are you saying that the inboard bolts just get moved to the two outboard holes in the plate? Is that it? I see that there are threaded holes below...
Yes, that's it.

Also note that no washers should be installed on the retaining plate (as opposed to what is shown on the picture), otherwise there is very little tread left for the bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Fall Line did the initial install. I have no extra "shims" (unless they are already installed). I expect the plate you must be referring to is the chrome metal plate under the two outboard hex screws. Does that need to be flipped around somehow?

Do you have any additional info or photos of what needs to be done? Thx...
The shims I am talking about are two plastic pieces (one for each camber plate) that slot below the retaining plate. They have two holes for the bolts to go through and a rounded side that rests against the bearing to hold it in place. They can only be installed with the secondary setup, there is no room for them in the primary setup. They came in a small bag inside the main box.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 08-01-2016 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0