08-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #51
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
It was a bend you can take a 50 quite comfortably with traction fully on, I know the road very well, it was dry and hot. the reason I had turned the MDM function on was because it doesn't cut the fuel lines when traction is lost while under hard acceleration. Enjoyed some nice sprints from lights etc.
However, coming off the main road I took 'the' bend at... I would guess somewhere between 40-50 mph, in a blur the back kicked out, I mounted the curb and just before I was about to hit some railings the car straightened, not sure if that was the traction kicking in or me correcting it?
this is the bend I took, not quite 90' but not far from it either.
Hope you get it sorted quickly and sorry to hear about the damage, I'm no expert so can't offer any advice, I did attend an M Experience day so did manage to really push an M car with the TC off on the track and it's scary how easy it is to lose the back end on a corner, there's just so much power available in almost any gear. My previous steed (a 330D) I had no issues turning off the DSC but with these cars it's a whole different experience! Hope you're back on the road soon though.
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0