View Single Post
      09-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #25
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXDC5 View Post
Interested, but your price point is still pretty high for what we are getting. You will definitely sell a lot more of these at a lower price point...making up the difference in cost with the additional volume sold.

For comparison...I was just researching some performace packages for the Grand Sport corvette, and you can literally get 2 headers, an x-pipe, and an intake for $1800!!
I understand where you're coming from, but as a producer you need to understand that the volume associated is very low. The amount of corvettes sold is insane, that engine platform is the same across many corvettes. The way to design on that is different. The process alone is different.

Comparing a corvette to a M3/4 isn't even a fair comparison in my opinion.

When stuff breaks on a m3/4 my company is liable, so everything has to be taken into account. The time it took to be able to develop a product, tools necessary, R&D time, actually making the product, the risk, offering support, products that might be faulty. The list is really long.

My company also doesn't have any interest in selling thousands, id rather sell 100 and know all 100 buyers are 100% happy.

-R
Appreciate 0