10-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #9
Brain_attack
Riding the stars
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I got the car in 2014, it was one of the first F83s built so no zcp (and no pass-through!). It's a great car, better in every way than the E93, but I loved the E93 and I like the F83. The E93 has a true personality whereas the F83 is more digital/clinical.

From a performance perspective there's no doubt - the F83 both as a sports car and as a convertible kicks the E93s ass by every measure - it's one of the best, if not THE best, convertible you can buy. For me, it's the best new convertible that you can buy for any amount. However where the E93 was predictable and sounded heavenly, the F83 is unpredictable and sounds like a diesel shrimp boat ... but where the E93 would twist and creak the F83 feels like it's carved out of solid steel - you can take corners WAY faster in the F83. Overall performance-wise, the F83 definitely feels like the next generation.

I drive the car hard on canyon roads most weeks and it's a top competitor against ANY other car whereas the E93 wasn't. (before the laptop racers freak out, I'm talking real world driving on real roads with real normal people driving)

So it's a great car, but it's not a car I'm in love with like I was with the E93 ... but the higher performance would be pretty hard to give up.

It makes lot of sense. I test drive one before I order mine and I can relate to some of what you said.

But did you have to change your driving habites after you got the F83?

Thanks
Appreciate 0