Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweezil
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarshman View Post
Yup. It is the ultimate solution. Here's the link to the conversion kit:

http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-2pc-Ro...bmw-irk-11.htm

I have done this conversion. I have roughly 4k miles on the car with the RB street pads with the rotors and have found this to be a good alternative for me as compared to paying another 10k+ for new rotors. I have been using it on track as well with roughly six 2-3 hr track days on the car (Barber MSP and Road Atlanta) although with a track pad and have been pleased there as well. I have appreciated no significant difference in handling with the added unsprung weight. I am pleased so far with the switch. Yes, there is a difference in feel for the street pad with iron disc in comparison to the CCB set up which took some getting used to. But, within a week I was used to the new setup. There is of course more brake dust than before. But, on the flip side I did lose that lack of brake scary moment when the rotors are cold and wet. I would certainly recommend this as an alternative to buying new CCB rotors. Yes, the cost of the conversion is expensive but much cheaper than the OEM alternative.
Did you also have the car re-programmed and coded when the conversion was done?
Appreciate 0