11-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #96
Dweezil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 and E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Sorry but I have to differ on this. The bias and system pressures are different between the two. CCB also have modified pedal feedback due to the effect of cold/wet rotors. ABS and DSC settings are also a bit different to prevent excessive vibration limits.
You can certainly recode your car however you desire. I can personally attest that there is only a difference in pedal feel and performance as would be expected when changing pads between a street and track compound with a standard iron setup. I find no necessity in doing this if there is in fact a coding option to change. I have no knowledge of BMW coding a brake pedal setup differently between a blue and gold caliper setup. But, again it is all drive by wire these days and there may be a difference in the coding that I am unaware of. Certainly, no problem with feel or performance that would make me seek out someone to do some coding on my car to change anything however. The brakes are still phenomenal with my setup even t without the CCB rotor. I have appreciated no difference in feel with the DSC (in euro MDM mode) as well as with ABS (and yes I do get into threshold braking on track). My 0.02
Appreciate 0