View Single Post
      03-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Garage List
Have both cars and I think there summary is pretty accurate. The M3 is more clinical (German!) whereas the Giulia Quadrafoglio is more emotional (Italiano!). The M3 is more daily driving flexible (fold down rear seats, infotainment), but the engine in the Alfa is handsdown better. It also seems to put the power tonthe ground better than the M3 despite having 80 more horsepower. Always loved the steering in my M3 and think it is the best in this class, however, the Giulia is much better balanced on the limit. I suspect the torque vectoring is better than the M3's limited slip diff.

The interior quality on the BMW is only slightly better, but the Alfa's interior and exterior design are pretty special in person. Lastly, the Alfa in Race mode sounds a 1,000x better than the M3. My M3 had an MPE, but though louder than the Giulia, the Alfa sound like a Ferrari underload. Just amazing.

Only time will tell on the general ownership experience and reliability, but hard to see it eclipsing the M3. I think the next Gen M3 will leapfrog over the Giulia QV out of absolute necessity, but if this is Alfa's entry point, I can't even fathom where they go from here, other than adding a few missing features, and adding even more horsepower. Lastly, Pogea Racing already has a 600hp tune on for the Giulia Quadrafoglio. Given how much faster the Alfa is than the M3, I'm not even sure the tune is desirable at this point. These cars are already approaching too fast for the public roads as is.

If you haven't seen, heard, ridden in, or driven the new Quadrafoglio yet...phone a friend who has access to one. BTW...my number's unlisted now!! ;-)
Appreciate 13
ecf34305.00
bmwjpn66.00
mookie45770.00
DeeKay554.00
ando2006.00
nathanm4684.50
njw58.00
Bbb34730.50
chief208.00