///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBACE View Post
Well, it seems pretty certain that folks were acting inappropriate on the streets (exceeding speed limits), perhaps not making good judgment decisions in engaging other drivers (holding traffic back so others could play) appropriately. What I want to know is what electronic media did the police confiscate that shows exactly what happened?

While many are saying keep the racing or spirited driving to the track, who here hasn't driven in such a manner that others would condemn you to being unworldly and stupid for exceeding speed or driving in a pack after leaving a driving event? Yet, you found yourself to be well in control of your car, because of your abilities and the car's capabilities, yet you did not jeopardize others?

After driving in Germany my eyes were opened and I found the streets here are clogged with an overabundance of incompetent drivers. (Watch a five corner intersection in Germany, if you can, it is humanity in motion with precision.) Our transportation infrastructure in the States is far too inadequate for us to effectively get those drivers off of the streets. We could drive with a heightened level of capability, while it may be increased risk, we won't get ourselves into legal woes. There seems to be some level of success of un-restricted zones on the various Autobahn's. (well some hum-dinger accidents too, but worth the risk)

Oh yeah, and more driver training that is meaningful and technical. Not today's "has a heart beat" qualifier to drive.
Very well put.

I believe in germany to get a license its a $3,000 endeavor with endless training, etc. As much as i would hate to have to go through that myself, i think in the USA it is currently warranted. We have what i like to call "traffic for no reason. Traffic that starts without an accident or catalyst.

I hope we can figure out a way to sort these things out, there are just far too many incompetent drivers around
I've been saying for years that 85% of US drivers shouldn't have licenses. This will never change as it's part of our culture just as being a competent well trained driver is part of German culture. Americans have been "giving" licenses to anybody and everybody since the automobile was invented. license's = more car/gasoline sales. It's pretty simple. It's very hard for America to change and it happens sooooo slow. Christ, speed limits are still 55mph in a lot of places. I've gone faster on my downhill skis (65 mph). Seems ridiculous.

It's so hard coming back to the US after driving in Europe/Germany. I get frustrated everyday with the idiots on the road here in the US.

Our cars are also badass. Most of the other people are driving shitbox Prius's and Camry's. This is something that the wifey has to remind me of from time to time.
Appreciate 1
mperfct35.00