GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Maybe a Bose store... Wouldn't know about the Sony one though.

I like Sony headphones, Bose is generally more base heavy though aren't they?
Most of them you get a 30 day free returns trial, including through amazon. B&W gives you 60 days if you go through the site. I usually just order all of them and then return the ones I don't like - that way you can try them with your own gear in the environment you'd actually be listening to them in.

With Sony, Bose, B&W I took them on flights (not the QC35 but others), etc. Ultimately this is how I figured out I like a wired headphone with a separate DAC. Once I heard that wireless didn't cut it anymore.

Anyway, yeah of all of the noise-cancelling ones I liked the Sony's for sound but a lot of people really like the B&W PX if you don't want to turn on noise cancelling.

As for the noise cancelling, most testing says Sony is the best, plus Sony has all the extra features that Bose lacks ... but to my ear Bose is better at noise cancelling and Bose are WAY more comfortable and I don't use all the Sony features.

All of that said, if I had phone or DAP that supported LDAC Sony is going to be the best wireless. Later this year I'll probably try the Bang & Olufsen H9i ...

This guy does a few different comparo youtubes which I thought were good

Appreciate 0