Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee808 View Post
That's pretty bad. Here's gotta be more to the story though. Have anymore details on what happened?
For last time, all the Eventuri BMW M cars (as well as B58 Engines and many non BMWs) use the same filter. The filter didn't work worth a shit. Damage to many, many turbos. Most owners unaware. This went on for years.

They did quietly recently redesign filters. Do you trust them enough to buy one now? Especially a used one that might have been sand blasted? Better you than me.

At least a few Dealers had the ethics to send out replacements filters to their Original Buyer (without telling them exactly why they should replace). Wonder how many thought, "I'll just keep the spare until I need it." smh.

End of Story.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...38;postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegie View Post
was that the m5 that was in Dubai or something?
No. In an NorthEast Metropolitan City.
Thanks for the smart ass defensive comment. I don't have a dog in this fight but don't expect people to take you serious when you blast a company full on and just show pictures of a busted turbo and expect people to take what you say full value. Maybe it was the filter, maybe you are 100 percent right about their filters, but if you calling out eventuri as being shady, the least you can back it up with a little more proof than your "don't buy this product it's shit" comments
Appreciate 2