captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
I said "virtually" no slip. When it does slip it is extremely predictable and confidence inspiring. Further, it slips neutrally, allowing me to pivot the car exactly as I please.

The problem with your thought process is that you think in black and white terms. A taller sidewall may be better at the limit but it doesn't mean the shorter sidewall can't also be extremely good. I am not saying the 20" setup is better than the 19" setup (which is what you heard). Rather, I'm saying the 20" setup combined with the ZCP tuning is a fantastically good handling road car.

And save the lecture about public roads. You have no idea the kind of roads I'm driving on.
An M4 with 18s, 19s or 20s is an extremely capable car that the vast majority of drivers (myself included) never take to the limits. You are always in the slip angle zone although at lower speeds the slip angle may be very low. If you are interested in pursuing the vehicle dynamics of high performance or race driving there are certainly better sources of information than me. There is good info available on the internet and there are a number of high performance driving schools such as Skip Barber, Bondurant and Bertil Roos.

My comment about public roads was a comment not a lecture and was not directed at you or anyone in particular. I don't know you and quite frankly not only do I not know what kind of roads you drive on or how you drive on them I don't care as that is your business not mine. I assume you are driving responsibly because I have no reason to believe otherwise.

In any case I am glad you are enjoying your M. I certainly have enjoyed mine.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 09-23-2018 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0