View Single Post
      10-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
AustinJerry
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Black/SB w/6MT

IPhone XR—can’t connect with USB

I just received my new iPhone XR. Prior to this, I have been using an iPhone 6s for audio in my 2015 M4, typically Pandora using a cell connection. With an iPhone, there are three ways to connect to the BMW: the Pandora Connected App, which is typically automatically invoked when Pandora is launched and the iPhone has a USB connection, a straight USB connection, and finally a Bluetooth connection. I typically use the connected app because the phone continues to charge when connected to the USB port. All three of these connection methods have been completely reliable with the iPhone 6s.

Now, I have upgraded to the iPhone XR. I had quite a bit of trouble getting Bluetooth to work properly, but I think it is working fine now. My problem is with the USB connection. The BMW simply will not recognize the XR when I plug in the USB cable. I have tried multiple cables, but no luck. The BMW simply reports “No device connected”. I checked the BMW software, and it is the current version. I am confident that nothing is wrong with the Lightning connector on the XR, since I set the phone up yesterday with it plugged into iTunes using the USB cable.

Anyone else having an issue with either the XR or the XS and USB?