View Single Post
      12-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #33
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

My parents live across from a guy with two F8Xs (forget if they're M3s or M4s) in a very quiet Long Island suburb.

My mom complains to me about the noise when he starts his cars, but she gets it and knows it'll stop after about 10 seconds after he drives off. She's never thought twice about filing a complaint or calling the police etc. Part of being neighbors is knowing you're going to have to occasionally put up with other people's crap and they'll have to put up with yours.

On a related note, I live in a small house in San Francisco that is technically freestanding but basically shares walls with the houses next to me. When I start my GT3 (aftermarket exhaust, mind you) it rattles my house so much that a light-fixture fell off the ceiling once (true story). I told my neighbors that if it feels like a small earthquake, it's just me starting the car and it'll be over quickly. Never had an issue because they're reasonable people and so am I.

People just suck sometimes. Whatever this guy's deal is, it goes way beyond the sound from your M.