01-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #9
MrSmartyPants
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 - 6MT_MW on SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmkirn View Post
Thanks for the great feedback everyone.
As mentioned earlier, I don't have any ability to do any of this work myself and I live in a condo so it will be tough to find a place to store a second set of tires. I only drive about 6,000 miles per year as my commute here in South Florida is quite short. Do I need to have the camber adjusted before each track day and then reset after the track day to its original setting or can I leave it in the track setting for my daily driving? Where can I get that kind of work done as I assume the BMW dealership wouldn't be the best place to do that. Also, I hadn't heard that PSS's weren't acceptable for novice track duty.
Thanks again.
When you change camber it also affects toe. The issue is the combination of added camber and excessive toe will eat tires during daily driving. Thus its not great to change the setting for track and change back later. I would get camber plates, have them installed and set to a tolerable setting for you. From my reading in here that's about -2.5 degrees for the f80 I think and you can run zero toe or slight toe in.

On the tire issue I'd buy a set of tires that can handle highway and track use. The only thing you're dealing with in FL is occasional rain, NBD. Think tires like RE-71R, AD-08, RE-11, etc.