View Single Post
      03-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojipoji View Post
Tires are shot (mpss) and I have a track car already (GTR) so don’t need the maximum grip or acceleration. Would you guys recommend me getting all seasons or mp4s for strictly drifting around corners and the occasional burn outs? For the tree huggers and purists, I live in a place where not many cars are around when I do such things and I have access to private parking lots where such things can be done. Would all seasons be easier to drift since overall speed would be lower and less rpms would be needed to break loose?
This is kind of a ridiculous question! I mean that in the nicest way.....

Grip is required for drifting, all professional drift cars are setup for maximum grip. Its easy to get the car pointed in the right direction, even when sliding, if you have grippy tires. Try to drive (or imagine) your car sideways/drifting on MPSS tires on snow then slap on some snow tires and do the same, you'll see the grip is good! An m4 has enough power the oversteer the car just with throttle, drifters use methods of flicking their car to break lose, or clutch kicking, or handbrake to get the car lose or a series of those together all while being in control cause they have grip. Also now professional drift cars have 1000hp+ and need grip to put the power down.

If you have the money get good tires they'll burn faster but you'll be safer and be able to push the car more. If you don't want to put out the cash then all season are ok to learn to put the car sideways but are less then ideal if you start pushing the car.

You have an m4, running crappy tires on it is kinda a waste wouldn't you think?
Appreciate 1