View Single Post
      06-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #852
Lappy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C 2018 BMW M4

Took my M4 out for it's first track day. NJMP Lightning
2018 M4 Comp 6mt with CCBs and 437 wheels on Re71r tires. This was my second ever track day so I'm no veteran but I do have a ton of autox experience which makes adaptation to track days a breeze imo. We had some scheduling issues as the SCCA was running qualifiers for today's race and we were lumped in with them. Essentially what that meant is 20 min on, 20 min off for 3 sessions. It was HOT, in the mid to high 80s and the cars never got a chance to cool off but the car did great. First session I went out just to get a feel for the track and car and ended up running mid 1:17s. Pretty slow imo but the car really didn't seem to have grip. I left paddock at 34 psi all around and came in with the fronts at 44 and the rears are 46. Insane lol. Second session was a waste of time as 2 laps in I got a warning that my tires are low so I'm thinking I have a tire going down, pull off, check the tires, all at 37psi....strange. The TPMS sensors said 231 degrees so I'm thinking they freaked out and tripped or something. Whatever I go back out and 2 laps in I start getting fuel cut so I go back in. I literally went through 3/4 of a tank of gas in less then 30 min. Fill the car up for my last session and finally got a decent time of 1:14.8. Not bad for a virtually stock car. The tires got greasy fast and I had a couple moments here and there as the car just really moves around at all times. The 100 percent stock CCBs and fluids did an amazing job, insane braking power, I can engage abs at will at any point in time. When they get hot, they start squeeling a little but never fade. I somehow lost a center cap as I believe it melted lol, and the other front is moving around so I'll have to replace those. The car is a riot but kinda vague and floaty. Pretty sure with an actual cool down and a cooler day I can get thing into the 1:13s no doubt.

Here is my 1:14.8, it was a 1:14.5 untill I had a moment exiting the bowl...I really suck at the bowl as I just don't trust the car on the banking....and the video prooves why. You loose it there, your car is gone.
Appreciate 0