View Single Post
      06-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #12
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Something to note.

When i pulled out my driver side MS spring the rubber boot was not torn or deformed at all so that wasn't the source of the clicking noise. When I inspected the stock top hat after removal you can spin the underside where the spring/boot comes in contact with the top mount and there is a bearing of some sort inside. It sounded like the bearing popped out of place because just turning it with my hand you can hear audible clicking sounds where as the brand new one i bought was silent. After fiddling with the old one it popped back into place and it was dead silent again. I suspect that overtime these bearings inside develops play and cause unwanted noises. Good thing is the part from tischer was cheap ($13x per side) and you can change it yourself if you have some mechanical knowledge.

Also adding some grease to the boot where it meets the top hat that Tom at EAS suggest helps everything get lined up as it should without deforming the boot.

I screwed up by going trigger happy with the impact gun while tightening the sway bar endlink bolt and snapped it clean off. Had to drive with one sides end link removed which actually made the car ride pretty smooth lol

Alan