06-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #29
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
I've been told that M4 CS kicks in abruptly above certain rpm, like a traditional turbocharged car due to increased turbo boost. Can anyone confirm this?
So I’ve had 2015, 2018 ZCP and now CS map on the 2018. The observations below should be taken with a grain of salt, because I only ever tested ZCP with CS back to back, and it had been 2 months between the 2015 and 2018.
- I recall the non ZCP being the strongest down low, and with a fat midrange, a little breathless up top
- the ZCP is the most linear, aiming to be close to NA in spirit. Due to the linearity, I think it makes excellent use of the available traction and is the least demanding to drive fast.
- the CS map I felt to have more energy in the mid range and up top. More fizzle everywhere except perhaps in the lower rev ranges. Maybe that’s just due to the greater delta to full power, I don’t know. CS map stretches the traction limits a bit more, but it pairs incredibly well with the Euro MDM.

I absolutely adore the CS map so far. I use it with Euro MDM on the street (I found the US MDM unbearable in my 2015) where it gives you enough slack to play around, and a softer intervention threshold. Go through the gears with the CS / Euro MDM on a challenging/twisty/gnarly road, and feel the car move around a bit and skip but never lose forward momentum, all in a manic rush. Exhilarating.

And everything off on track, where you can really give it the full beans and the CS map is absolutely superb.

The CS calibration should be the only one offered in this car, as it really wakes it up and gives it a more intense and rambunctious character.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0