08-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #10
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
I retrofitted the CS suspension on my base car along with the MPHAS. The ride and handling are both improved from stock.

The ZCP has a stiffer front bar, 20" front wheels, and a different EDC cal. Compared to the CS, I think the degradation in ride quality wouldn't be worth the handling improvement.

If you really want to have an OEM+ set up, the CS is better and cheaper, since you don't need the front bar and if you have an M3, you can probably reuse your stock springs as well.

That said, it's not necessarily cheap or easy given all the additional coding and the expense of swapping the rear bar. Plus you'll still have the stock ride height unless you use aftermarket springs or install the HAS as well.

Assuming you buy new:

$2800 for ZCP dampers
$250 for rear bar <— 12hr install!
$1600 for MPHAS
$100-200 in nuts/bolts

Plus coding, sensor zeroing/calibration, alignment, and any labor you don't do yourself.

A quality coilover that has higher spring rates than stock would likely handle better, but at what ride penalty? The absorption of larger impacts may be improved, but the pitch and heave body motion over uneven roads can't match the m-adaptive systems performance.

Whether you perceive coilovers to be more or less comfortable than stock largely depends on the roads you drive on and what "comfort" means to you (impact quality or body motion smoothness).
Thanks for suggestion but how does stock suspension + Camber kit + MP HAS with coding compare to ZCP?

I plan on getting the Camber kit because my car pulls to the right and it's a factory issue which seems like camber kits the only solution and MP Has to lower the car and coding to smooth things out.
Appreciate 0