View Single Post
      10-19-2019, 03:08 PM   #28
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Yes, great point. A stock M3/4 CP/CS is probably the best all-rounder there is. The M3 has pretty much always set that bar and at the same time it has never been a focused all out performance car like the GT350 and ILE type cars.

However, the difference here is that the M3 can be turned into a focused performance monster via mods.... the other cars cannot be turned into highly capably all-rounders. Not saying one is better, this is more of a philosophical conversation based on how one intends to use the car. Rather, just nothing that the initial honeymoon period of a focused track monster is not reality. Hell, the initial period with ANY car (whether positive or negative) isn't reality. Only after a good amount of seat time can you really know its strengths and weaknesses.

Everything in life is a compromise and this can't be more true with cars.

Edit - in my experience, starting with F-Bodies back in the early 90's (high school), the Camaro has always been a superior driving/handling car than the same era Mustang. I have not had the pleasure of driving the current high performance Camaros but hope to one day. I did rent a late model V6/base and it was a complete POS, though.
There are a lot of great all around cars these cars at various price points (Giulia Quad, C/E63S, M3/4/5, Panamera S/4S/GTS/turbo, RS3/5/7 among them). You can make any car into a track car (varying degrees of money) but doing that most of those cars you lose the things that make them great at being good daily drivable cars.
Appreciate 0