View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 10:11 AM   #21
F80Speed77
Grid.Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Still stuck with the factory rear camber of ~-1.9 which actually looked to be pretty spot on with our pyro data. The high front camber seemed to be working great too!

Gingerman is a bunch of very heavy right turns so thats why the left looks more even than the right. It's also a very nuanced track, super easy to drive fast and get those 1:40's but man you have to really be on it with the right lines to break below that, mid corner speeds and sustaining high G in the sweepers is so the key and yes it is not as flat as it looks in videos (still pretty flat though haha), it was a blast though and I'll be back maybe in the Fall for the Festival event.

We lucked out and had perfect weather all weekend and morning sessions were definitely the ones to get it done, which is usually the case most places you go. Tom set his flyers late in the afternoon though after the sun started to go down but he's a freak of nature. We need to start measuring track temps when we are capturing data.

As far as the SS 1LE Coby's car is highly developed and he has a few more events in it than I do in the F80, it was still his first time out at there and pretty damn impressive performance he had a 36 optimal!!! He has the ZL1 aero (including rear wing) on it too which is going to be big help with keeping the back planted in faster sections. We are allowed to use any "factory like" aero so I might be hosed on that front. I have CS like aero right now with the front bumper splitter, rear spoiler, and "CS diffuser"...

There is definitely more development work that can be done on the F80!

I'm hoping to get some 19x10.5 wheels to try a 295/30/19 GY Supercar3 square setup, it can definitely use more tire so maybe we'll have that ready by Mid Ohio in July. I think the +35 offset wheels might be the ticket for that with some bigger spacers in the front.

Still have the stock exhaust on the car, the weight is in the right spot over the rear but I think it's pretty heavy right?

I could go ethanol, high flo cats, more cooling and have way more power than everyone else but would rather work on the handling first and get the CrankHub fix before going that route.

Braking was phenomenal with the DS1.11/DS2500 pairing but I could also go to a BBK.

Suspension could definitely be better too with a dedicated passive track setup but it was nice cruising to the event in comfort mode lol.

Could also do all the fancier bushings/control arms too.

I definitely need more safety stuff too... FML...
Appreciate 0